i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1980*1024
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

Thanks a lot for all of your work and commitment to allow us get Hackintoshes ready!

I have just installed Mojave on the machine detailed at the profile, it boots up and completed install without any issues. when running Multibeast, selected the least options, using Whaevergreen to install and it allowed my second monitor to be recognized out of the second DP port in the computer (both built-in DP ports). Have no sound, which I don't care for at the moment, I have an USB headset working fine and I am ok with that.

When playing videos on Safari or appstore (so far) machine freezes completely and Chrome does not freeze however the rendering inside the window is very buggy and has all sorts of artifacts, so much so it is impossible to read. I did read all posts related to:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-safari-app-store.262218/page-2#post-1885987

and have more questions, that I would very much appreciate answers for;

I Did mount the EFI partition.

1. Will the Whatevergreen.kext file (which looks like a small text file) be enough if I place it in the folders mentioned there?

2. Is it the EFI/Other folder the right one? I read that the files needed to be placed elsewhere, so I am not sure either.

3. I tried looking at Lilu's posts and understand how does that go about but when I am led into GitHub I don't know what to pick to download.

regards,

Does not require Buying Advice - Moved to Mojave Desktop Support.

Need to add that, when loading whatsapp web on Safari it froze too, so the hunch tells me that, very much related to a webkit-video card driver interaction problem, any clues or comments to first post?

Aha! Disabled hardware acceleration in Chrome and I can now play videos and read the screen. I can now at least look for the data I need without freezing at the first embedded video on insanelymac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back