Contribute
Register

New install on Sierra system not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H170M-plus/CSM
CPU
Intel core i7-6700K 4Ghz
Graphics
MSI GTX 980ti gaming 6GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey guys,

So Recently I have had to reinstall my build due to a faulty volume?

Not sure what caused it but after formatting the drive it has worked great and has accepted a new partition of Mac OS.

However now I am having problems with graphics, despite installing the system the exact same way as I had before, Including the same install USB.
(Yes I have installed the correct Nvidia graphics drivers for my GPU).

The problem I am having is that the resolution my monitor (Dell u3415w) wont be recognised properly. In fact the monitor is being recognised as a projector?? No idea why. I did check out the hardware on the "systems specifications" page on "about this mac" and noticed Mac OS was not recognising my GPU as a 980ti and had said something along the lines of "Gforce chipset" (I have a MSI GTX980ti). I had thought that the problem would be solved after installing the Nvidia web driver, so I went ahead and installed it.

When I went to reboot the system the Mac OS partition no longer boots. Rather it boots (I am assuming without a visual from the screen). But doesn't accept the handshake anymore from the monitor, Just goes black.

To be clear, this only happened after the Installing USB was removed. If I had restarted it while the USB was still plugged in, the system would boot fine, however with no change to the graphics at all (It did state it was using the web driver with still no change to the resolution).

Now that the USB is removed it keeps going to black regardless if it's plugged back in or not.

I feel like I have multiple problems and I have tried formatting and reinstalling a few times now with different settings within multibeast with the same results.

The hardware I have has been working for so long in my system and continues to work great in another partition running windows 10. So I am pretty confident it isn't a hardware issue.

I am all out of ideas. Someone please help.:cry:

Dependencies :

1. Native NVRAM support or an emulation of same - Test
2. At least 10.12.4.
3. The correct web drivers matched to the OS build number.
4. No use of nv_disable=1.
5. NvidiaWeb=true in config.plist.
6. May need SIP fully disabled - CsrActiveConfig=0x67.
7. May need latest Lilu.kext and WhatEverGreen.kext.

1. I am running an emulation on clover for NVRAM.

2. The version of Sierra I have is 10.12.6 (16G29)

3. The driver I am running is 378.05.05.25f01 (Matched from the instal guide.)

4. I am not sure how to check nv_disable=1 But by memory that is in the clover boot loader right?

5. I have checked my clover config.plist, and I can't find NvidiaWeb anywhere in it. Any reason why it would be missing?

6. I am not sure what SIP is, might need help with this one.

7. I have the latest Lilu.Kext. However WhatEverGreen.Kext doesn't appear anywhere in my extensions.

Any help with these last points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back