Contribute
Register

New install on probook with 1080p screen. Help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P67A-UD4-B3
CPU
Graphics
Sapphire HD6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
What's crackin everyone.

installed the new screen and replaced the hard drive. how can I get the installer to output properly (it's red and scrambled now). boot flags that will fix this? the guides mention pre-existing 1080p DSDT files. is this needed to get the installer going? drop that into the unibeast flash drive? and if that's the only way...anyone got a 1080p dsdt file ...for i3 2350m 4530s.

thanks!

What's crackin everyone.

installed the new screen and replaced the hard drive. how can I get the installer to output properly (it's red and scrambled now). boot flags that will fix this? the guides mention pre-existing 1080p DSDT files. is this needed to get the installer going? drop that into the unibeast flash drive? and if that's the only way...anyone got a 1080p dsdt file ...for i3 2350m 4530s.

thanks!

I think just install as normal and patch dsdt after. Or you can patch dsdt by dsdt editor with dual link patch - from 4x30s thread.

I got it to work by grabbing the 1080p dsdt from the probook installer for my version probook (by installing it on my main machine, backing up my Extra folder, then restoring my old dsdt.aml after probook installer writes the new dsdt.aml in the Extra folder)

After dropping the required dsdt.aml in the root of unibeast usb stick, at chameleon boot screen "DSDT=dsdt.aml" allowed me to go into the installer without jumbled graphics!

edit: after install, ran terminal command: cp "/dsdt.aml" ./

after navigating to volume in which osx was installed (/volumes/name). this way, you can boot into installed osx drive with DSDT=dsdt.aml on the new hardrive with unibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back