Contribute
Register

New install on ASRock Z170m-ITX/ac hangs around AppleUSBHostPacketFilter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone

Absolute newbie here , building a Hackintosh from scratch for the very first time.

Spec: ASRock Z170M-ITX/ac chosen for compatibility with the case (Streacom FC08) and the fact it has DisplayPort, it was also reviewed on this site and is included in the lists.
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (running stock 2133MHz)
Intel i7 6700 (non K) Skylake CPU
Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

USB Stick to install is 32GB

After trying to follow lots of instructions and guides, I settled on the Install Sierra on Supported Intel Hardware route, with a view to fixing any issues that might crop up.

So far I have eliminated Network driver issues by replacing the two Lan Kexts
I have elimiated a system hang due to the Mini-Pcie Wifi/Bluetooth card being installed (and incompatible from what I read, its the card that comes with the ASRock board)

Updated the USBInjectAll.kext

All recommended BIOS settings have been followed with the addition of disabling onboard audio, as this is something that can always be sorted later.

Boot options selected from the start are
+Injected Kexts
Verbose
Kext diagnostic display

the stick starts to run through the hardware configuration in order to run OSX Installer but gets stuck during or just after AppleUSBHostPacketFilter section.

I checked the USB issues installing on Skylake and see that these are already added to the latest Unibeast configuration.

Many thanks in advance for your help :)

Bakerman

Just a quick thing to add, when trying to boot without kext diag, it just sits at the apple logo with the bar underneath at 0

Last edited:
hi bakerman, i am also having the similar problem with my rig. have you managed to install OS X?

much appreciated! thanks a lot! will try it out and update!

Did anybody had sleep wake working with interl graphics with this mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back