Contribute
Register

New Install Help - System just reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87 LGA 1150 4 Way SLI Overclock ATX Motherboard (GA-Z87X-OC Force)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 256bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying to follow the guides and troubleshooting with no luck. I don't have a 4GB stick of RAM one stick is 8GB. I don't know if this is the issue or not. Do you guys think I need to order a 4GB stick just for install?

Fresh New Harddrive - SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-240G-G25

I ordered everything of this sites pick list.

When I insert my Snow Leopard DVD it flashes white with an appple for a split second, then reboots and then I have to insert the iboot cd again.

I tried doing all the PCIRootUID=1 with and without the -x I also tried GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag
I tried doing the -v to take a picture of the screen but it goes away super quick

:banghead:
Also a side note for my bios settings I couldn't find the HPET to 64-bit mode
Any advice would be welcome. Thank you guys for this site and resources.

You can install all the ram the board will support if you want. It will make no difference as long as none of the modules are bad.

Are you using iBoot Haswell? It is required for Z87 boards to boot 10.6.3 install DVD.
Are you trying to install with the gfx card in? If so, remove it and install with the CPU gfx, then put the card in when you are up and running.

Quick question, why Haswell not Ivy bridge? isn't i7 ivy bridge, thats why I was using that iboot.

Nope, i3 and i5 and i7 have been used for a while

The numbers that follow it tell you the type, i.e 2000's is sandy bridge, 3000's is ivybridge and 4000's is haswell.

okay, Thanks for the help. I start at it again tonight.

Nope, i3 and i5 and i7 have been used for a while

The numbers that follow it tell you the type, i.e 2000's is sandy bridge, 3000's is ivybridge and 4000's is haswell.

The Z87 in the mainboard is the Haswell def. All 8 series boards are Haswell. 81, 85, 87, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back