Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

@MrMinimizer (Or anyone really), I think I am almost there with setup just now when waking from sleep I have to press the keyboard or mouse again a few seconds later to get the display back on, is this Dark Wake / Powernap in action and how do I disable that please?
Mine does that, too, I have to press the keyboard twice basically once to wake it up in about 10 seconds later again press it one more time then the monitors turn on. I would appreciate the fix to if anybody knows what it is?

@MrMinimizer (Or anyone really), I think I am almost there with setup just now when waking from sleep I have to press the keyboard or mouse again a few seconds later to get the display back on, is this Dark Wake / Powernap in action and how do I disable that please?
If you want to try it, I leave my own EFI folder here for you. It works completely flawlessly. I have benefited greatly from the work of @MrMinimizer and @frontgear in creating this EFI. Thank you both.
PS : Rebuild iMacPro1,1 SmBios.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 88
If you want to try it, I leave my own EFI folder here for you. It works completely flawlessly. I have benefited greatly from the work of @MrMinimizer and @frontgear in creating this EFI. Thank you both.
Thanks, I will give it a try tonight.

I did wonder if it might be a “Mac Pro” issue cause by the SMBIOS.

wow - i looked at your config and compared the diffence - you have a "total different" approach - I like it!
just a few questions on my conversions if I may. I noticed you filled in harewar info everwhere with serial numbers located in more areas!
Can you identify area areas that we have to change our numbers MLB, ROM/UUUID/Serial Numbers etc?

What version of OpenCore are you using please?

Only reason I ask is OCAT reports this for 0.9.0

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.9.0!

OCS: Missing key ResizeUsePciRbIo, context <Quirks>!

Serialisation returns 1 error!

Kernel->Emulate->MinKernel (currently set to 0) is borked!
CheckKernel returns 1 error!

Completed validating /Users/dan/Downloads/EFI 2/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. Found 2 issues requiring attention.

Last edited:
Thanks, I will give it a try tonight.

I did wonder if it might be a “Mac Pro” issue cause by the SMBIOS.
I don't think the problem is Mac Pro SmBios, but it can be tried by changing. The reason why I prefer iMacPro 1,1 is related to the Geekbench score increase, albeit slightly.

What version of OpenCore are you using please?

Only reason I ask is OCAT reports this for 0.9.0
OCAT is correct, OC version 0.9.0
We can fix these secondary bugs over time as long as the system boots up and works properly. The mentioned OC reports do not prevent stable operation.

Attachments

• Ekran Resmi 2023-03-24 21.29.15.png
    Ekran Resmi 2023-03-24 21.29.15.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 21
wow - i looked at your config and compared the diffence - you have a "total different" approach - I like it!
just a few questions on my conversions if I may. I noticed you filled in harewar info everwhere with serial numbers located in more areas!
Can you identify area areas that we have to change our numbers MLB, ROM/UUUID/Serial Numbers etc?
All you have to do is assign a New iMacPro 1.1 SmBios from OC/Platforminfo/DataHub-Generic-PlatformNVRAM. So all fields (MLB, ROM/UUUID/Serial Numbers etc?) will be filled automatically.

By the way I am using "TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI D4 BIOS 0810".
My bios settings are as follows...
------

* Ai Tweaker → Ai Overclock Tuner → Choose XMP I or XMP II
* Advanced → CPU Configuration → Active Performance Cores = All
* Advanced → CPU Configuration → Active Efficient Cores = All
* Advanced → CPU Configuration → Hyper-Threading = Enabled
* Advanced → System Agent (SA) Configuration → VT-d = Enabled
* Advanced → System Agent (SA) Configuration → Graphics Configuration → Primary Display = PEG Slot
* Advanced → System Agent (SA) Configuration → Graphics Configuration → IGPU Multi-Monitor = Disabled
*Advanced → Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration → Discrete Thunderbolt Support = Disabled
* Advanced → PCI Subsystem Settings → Above 4G Decoding = Enabled
* Advanced → PCI Subsystem Settings → Re-Size BAR Support = Disabled
* Advanced → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off = Enabled
* Advanced → Onboard Devices Configuration → USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5) = Enabled
* Advanced → Onboard Devices Configuration → Connectivity mode (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth) = Disabled
Because I have Fenvi T919 (Wifi-BlueTooth)
* Advanced → Onboard Devices Configuration → Serial Port Configuration → Serial Port = Disabled
* Boot → CSM (Compatibility Support Module) → Launch CSM = Disabled
* Boot → Secure Boot → OS Type = Other OS
* Boot → Secure Boot → Secure Boot Mode = Custom
* Boot → Secure Boot → Key Management → Clear Secure Boot Keys
* Boot → Boot Configuration → Fast Boot = Disabled

I have the EFI loaded now, sleep doesn't work at all and I loose Bluetooth and WiFi after trying it but I have just seen your BIOS settings so will alter mine to match and re-try...

Back