Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

Just a simple thank you would suffice.
In my weird way I was joking and complimenting you - old army coming out of me again - sorry was not meant to offend you at all - just yanking your chain and teasing with you.

Seriously- Thank you!

No worries.

Be glad that you didn't have to pay 2022 prices for your 6800XT ! They sold for about $1,200 in March of 2022.

Here's what the scalpers were asking back in the crazy GPU pricing days of 2021.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Last edited:
Good!
I absolutely agree with the crazy price inflation going on back then - I was able to win a lottery draw and got a EVGA 3080ti FTW at Lowe prices but still paid $1400 for it - but they were selling 2-3k ridiculously high

Again, thanks for the card lead info and the extra nudge to pursue it-:)

Check it out -
I just paid $885 - now it’s priced $944

Look at what this third party seller on Amazon is asking for the 6900XT version. Double the price doesn't = double the performance.

Screen Shot 6.jpg

Wow - I’ll stick with the 6800xt for this price/performance ratio - and from what I gathered - the 6800xt mirrors the performance of my 3080Ti at half the cost - thanks for the suggestion again!

@MrMinimizer
Oh forgot to mention: Regardless - these are hell of scores for a Mac!

Yeah, I like it. It even beats some threadrippers...

I have the RX6800XT MSI version. Works flawlessly. I beat render times in Blender (on Mac) of 3090 in Windows. And I think that the 4090 uses 700W power...

A question : did you use one set of 4 RAM sticks or 2 sets of 2 ?

Did you try this little utility ?

Rember

@MrMinimizer

Yeah, I like it. It even beats some threadrippers...

I have the RX6800XT MSI version. Works flawlessly. I beat render times in Blender (on Mac) of 3090 in Windows. And I think that the 4090 uses 700W power...

A question : did you use one set of 4 RAM sticks or 2 sets of 2 ?

Did you try this little utility ?

Rember
2 sets of 2 purchased same day totally 4 sticks and fully populated all banks.

2 sets of 2 purchased same day totally 4 sticks and fully populated all banks.
Yes I saw you had 128GB in 4 slots, but did you try the Rember utility (GUI for memtest) ? I did it and I have errors even if I making so heavy duty works on the computer (3D rendering for instance). I'll be curious if you have such errors on your side.

Yes I saw you had 128Go in 4 slots, but did you try the Rember utility (GUI for memtest) ? I did it and I have errors even if I making so heavy duty works on the computer (3D rendering for instance). I'll be curious if you have such errors on your side.
acutually never done it and this sounds very interesting - can you point me to software/testing link/video and tell me what to do, and i'll post results

Back