Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

@MrMinimizer, thanks for you information. Could you tell what those kext are made for :

USBPower_Z790PLUS.kext
Z790PLUS-XHCI-unsupported.kext

Thanks !

Ah ok, you mean your USB mapping ? Like USBToolBox.kext ans UTBMap.kext ?

@MrMinimizer
You don't have kernel panics while on sleep mode ? I have the kind of message I attached when I leave the computer for some time and it goes in sleep mode.

Attachments

• crash_reveil.txt.zip
    2 KB · Views: 22
@MrMinimizer
You don't have kernel panics while on sleep mode ? I have the kind of message I attached when I leave the computer for some time and it goes in sleep mode.
pls check my previous posts abut BIOS setting and power - good luck!

Yes I just saw that, thanks for the trick. I've seen that you have 4 RAM slot used on your board, you didn't have issues ? I've tried to extend my RAM from 32 to 64 by adding 2 x 16 RAM (exactly the same that the 32GB already installed) and the board doesn't boot with the yellow led indicator.

Yes I just saw that, thanks for the trick. I've seen that you have 4 RAM slot used on your board, you didn't have issues ? I've tried to extend my RAM from 32 to 64 by adding 2 x 16 RAM (exactly the same that the 32GB already installed) and the board doesn't boot with the yellow led indicator

Will yours post into BIOS with all 4 slots populated and does the board show the correct total mem populated? If not troubleshoot hardware

Will yours post into BIOS with all 4 slots populated and does the board show the correct total mem populated? If not troubleshoot hardware
No it doesn't even post into BIOS. I have the yellow Q-Led on and a black screen. I can post into BIOS only if I use B1/B2 slots. If I put one RAM stick in A1 or A2 slot, yellow Q-led and black screen. I think my MOBO is faulty. I already tried to untight a bit the ventirad (I use a Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4) but it doesn't change anything. I updated to the latest IME and BIOS, but no change. I also use RAM sticks that are listed in the compatibility chart on Asus web site fr this MOBO, Kingston FURY Renegade 32GB (2x16GB) KF440C19RB1 (I bought 2 sets of 2x16Go). So for me the only remaining reason is a faulty Mobo (maybe some bended pins on the socket or whatever else). Hopefully I can still send it back to A**zon and be refunded and have a new one. By the way what memory sticks are you using ? Are they in the Asus compatibility list for this MOBO ?
I started to have a clue of the problem when I saw you had a better geekbench result than me and I have a i913900K and you a i7.

sounds like bad mobo…
You could confirm putting all 4 sticks in another mobo and see if you post into BIOS - if it does, then mem is good and mobo is bad.
If boots with old 2 sticks, swap out old 2 with new two in same slots - test post. And/or swap out old 2 sticks with new 2 sticks the verify memory is good… good luck

Thanks. I already tried any combination of RAM sticks. Even a single stick. And I can mix kit1 and kit 2 ram sticks, as along is it on B1/B2 slot it works. As soon as I insert a stick in A1 or A2 slot, I have a black screen, no BIOS post. I already organized the return/refund with A**zon, and ordered a new (same) Mobo. I cross my fingers.

Back