Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

yes but I use the wifi and bluetooth via a FENVI card connected to the Left USB header on motherboard
Thank you, I am currently buying the same yours parts.. Can you tell me what is the brand of your ram? and your cpu cooler and shear you efi please ، I've literally been on this site since 2014 I'm logged in now just for you lol

Thank you, I am currently buying the same yours parts.. Can you tell me what is the brand of your ram? and your cpu cooler and shear you efi please ، I've literally been on this site since 2014 I'm logged in now just for you lol
ok - you got me - i've dreaded the collecting parts list routine but did it "just for you" - lol
I've attached the EFI on the first page i think and a page back you will see my BIOS settings profile. Suggest you save your bios profile do an online file diff check and see the diff then hunt down and change your bios as needed.

Case:

Power Supply:

CPU:

CPU Cooler (new model supports newer CPU without standoffs -just check if included):

Corsiar Cooler Standoffs (if needed):

Motherboard (Supported DDR4 Ram):

128GB DDR4 Memory (2packs of 64gbram or 4 sticks of 32 each)

NVME PCIE (2ea, 1 for OS and 1 for time-machine backups)

GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeo RX 6800 XT OC Edition Graphics Card 16 GB

CPU Support Bracket (prevents sagging)
I actcually bought one on Amazon:

Broadcom Wifi/BT:

NZXT Internal USB Header HUB

Corsair LED Light Controller (Additional LED Control):

And a nice Apple logo sticker - i stuck it inside the case:

PS: Now, you owe me feedeback - just for me :)

Last edited:
I turned on ERP, but that did not fix it. There aren't any other settings other than enable or disable in my bios.
Just checking - you have the same MB as this thread correct? I also am on BIOS vr 0602. Go to BIOS -> Advance -> APM Configuration ->ErP Ready , Click Drop down and select: "Enable(S4+S5)" I've attached a BIOS screen shot- yours must look identical to this!
Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 6.18.32 PM.png

just checking - you have the same MB as this thread correct? I also am on bios vr 0602. Goto Bios -> Advnace -> APM Conguration ->ErP Ready , Click Drop down and select: "Enable(S4+S5)" I've attached a bios schreen shot- yous must look identicle to this!
View attachment 559443
No, I have a Z790 Aero G. I am lurking around all the builds w/ 13K processors to see if I can find a solution to sleep. It seems to be Gigabyte BIOS specific. Getting tempted to try a different MB. Yours may be a better choice!

If I were to go with this EFI, the only difference being using an i5-13600K. Would it require any changes to the config.plist (other than the revcpuname value) and such?

And thank you for being so helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Download it, built boots drive and see if it boots for you - should be no problem- then edit the config file later to correct the label - keep us updated on your progress- good luck

Back