Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

Hi, I am considering ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4. How risky if I follow your EFI?

I main difference is ALC4080 which is USB based. I am not sure if those ACPI files can be used for this board.

Last edited:
Hi, I am considering ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4. How risky if I follow your EFI?
there is no addtional risk if your asking, but you will still need to use OC GEN X and generate the mac id, uuid, rom, mlb, and serial number and insert into this efi before boot as normal

I main difference is ALC4080 which is USB based. I am not sure if those ACPI files can be used for this board.
i'll try others - do you have an improvement?

Using OC to generate those numbers is easy. I am worrying about the USB mapping which I do not have any experience before. The problem is that I do not have much time to study how USB mapping.

I compared the ROC and TUF boards, the main difference is the audio device (ALC4080) which does not have normal audio layout. From what I read, once USB port is included for that audio, macOS will detect it. The audio is exactly the same as the board in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z690-aero-g-i5-12600k-amd-rx-6800-xt.317179

I do not know much about your ACPI files. Do they include the audio device in TUF board? Do you think I can use them in ROC board?

Using OC to generate those numbers is easy. I am worrying about the USB mapping which I do not have any experience before. The problem is that I do not have much time to study how USB mapping.

I compared the ROC and TUF boards, the main difference is the audio device (ALC4080) which does not have normal audio layout. From what I read, once USB port is included for that audio, macOS will detect it. The audio is exactly the same as the board in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z690-aero-g-i5-12600k-amd-rx-6800-xt.317179

I do not know much about your ACPI files. Do they include the audio device in TUF board? Do you think I can use them in ROC board?
All usb ports are mapped out and work (I had somebody else do that for me). The 4 rear light blue ports mapped out as a hub and that was a big savings :). I also used the internal left usb header for a FENVI like card and the right internal usb header for an NZXT USB Header extension hub and that is where i plugged in the Corsair cooler and corsair led lights. I really dont know about the ROC board - but if you get the sound to work better then I do then please share your config EFI files/folder with me - thanks!

Are you having any issues with the system hanging after the second sleep?

What do these two ACPI files do?

SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml

SSDT-BRG0.aml

I had the sleep issue as well and got around it by enabling "ErP Ready [Enable(S4+S5)]" in the BIOS. Didn't check the path but I did copy my entire BIOS profile and posting it here. You can save your BIOS profile as well and the use an online file diff checker and compare the two files and see the differences then hunt it down in the BIOS. Please let me know if this helps!

Attachments

• macOS-BIOS-Profile_setting.txt
    32.1 KB · Views: 199
I had the sleep issue as well and got around it by enabling "ErP Ready [Enable(S4+S5)]" in Bios. Didnt check the path but I did copy my entire bios profile and posting it here. You can save your bios profile as well and the use an online file diff checker and compare the two files and see the diffences then hunt it down in the bios. Please let me know if this helps!
Thanks for the tip. I just checked and my ERP was already disabled

hello.. .. Is everything working? Wi-Fi + Bluetooth + Audio + USB Ports? Thank you.

hello.. .. Is everything working? Wi-Fi + Bluetooth + Audio + USB Ports? Thank you.
yes but I use the wifi and bluetooth via a FENVI card connected to the Left USB header on motherboard

Back