Contribute
Register

New iMacs Now Available With 9th Gen Intel Core CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no problem using only the IGPU without the DGPU. The HW encoding/decoding will be done with the IGPU, also he said i5 9600K CPU. Check every mac for info.
The i5 9600k is using the intel uhd 630 -> https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-9600k-processor-9m-cache-up-to-4-60-ghz.html.

My advice is OK for the build, it’s compatible using iMac 19.X Smbios.

Thats great like I said the 19,2 iMac that is stand alone IGPU uses 640 it also uses a 7th gen CPU. Moving on There is no version that uses a 9th GEN CPU that is IGPU only they all have a DGPU and thus you should likely build your rig with a DGPU... Now you could do it with an IGPU only and I could run just fine, but there is not a match if you do not have a DGPU and what is a few hundred $$.

Thats great like I said the 19,2 iMac that is stand alone IGPU uses 640 it also uses a 7th gen CPU. Moving on There is no version that uses a 9th GEN CPU that is IGPU only they all have a DGPU and thus you should likely build your rig with a DGPU... Now you could do it with an IGPU only and I could run just fine, but there is not a match if you do not have a DGPU and what is a few hundred $$.

There is no iMac 19,X using Intel 7th gen cpu!

Hackintosh have better compatibly with the IGPU. The DGPU is problematic and needs config.

Good night Sir.

There is no iMac 19,X using Intel 7th gen cpu!

Hackintosh have better compatibly with the IGPU. The DGPU is problematic and needs config.

Good night Sir.
there is only one iMac listed on apples web page right not that uses only IGPU period I do not really care what the numbers it represents are.

Goodthing 5 out of the 6 models listed on apples website have DGPU and that most people with Hacks uses a DGPU. Matter of fact I get video out of DGPU with no configuration at all but never get video from IGPU.

Last edited:
Everything works!!!

CPU Name
iGpu H264/5
Radeon Pro

Make sure you set the following:
  • SerialNumber
  • BoardSerialNumber
  • SmUUID

After changing the SMBIOS to 19,1 all my USB devices stopped working
So I finally built a Custom made Kext and SSDT for my motherboard
And now every USB Port is working 100%

I'll share the USB-KEXT & SSDT here For people who come here in the future with the same hardware
Asus z390 Maximus xi Code

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.8 MB · Views: 279
Everything works!!!

CPU Name
iGpu H264/5
Radeon Pro

Make sure you set the following:
  • SerialNumber
  • BoardSerialNumber
  • SmUUID
After changing the SMBIOS to 19,1 all my USB devices stopped working
So I finally built a Custom made Kext and SSDT for my motherboard
And now every USB Port is working 100%

I'll share the USB-KEXT & SSDT here For people who come here in the future with the same hardware
Asus z390 Maximus xi Code

View attachment 401655
View attachment 401656

Thanks! I was searching for this CPU type value for a long time.
Did you get it from the 2019 iMac?

Thanks! I was searching for this CPU type value for a long time.
Did you get it from the 2019 iMac?
@3Dman

Last edited:
Yes, a USB Kext via Hackintool

Okay. I had Bluetooth issues until I removed HS14 (on-board Bluetooth) from loading. Having Bluetooth from the MB and Bluetooth from the Fenvi loaded at the same time causes a conflict. Are you using the SSDT that disables the on-board CNVi module?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back