Hi, attach my EFI and Extensions files.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 403
  • Extensions.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 191
9 To 5 Mac Upgrades the Ram in the 2019 iMac

128 GB of ram for only 99 dollars more than the Apple 64GB Upgrade
You'll never run short on ram during the lifetime of this iMac. Future proofing.

The most economical and practical upgrade is to buy the OWC 64GB kit and then
sell the Apple 8GB kit to recover some of that money. 64 gigs is plenty for most.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072K3SDPS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:

The most economical and practical upgrade is to buy the OWC 64GB kit and then
sell the Apple 8GB kit to recover some of that money. 64 gigs is plenty for most.

Even OWC is pretty over priced since 64 gigs is like 579 on their site, I was just fine with getting 64 gigs of Crucial memory for $280 a few months back. OWC is almost twice as much, and I have never had an issue with Crucial memory. Is there a reason why you would suggest them instead of Crucial? It looks like you can get 32gb for even less today at about $186 Like what makes them worth the extra $300-400?

Now I would understand if you were looking for 128GB because there are slim pickings for 32GB SODIMM and the other two options I can find for 32gb SODIMM is Samsung or Mushkin. Samsung is less by 200 and Mushkin is more by about $100. But I do not buy Samsung unless it is a smoken deal.

OWC is almost twice as much, and I have never had an issue with Crucial memory. Is there a reason why you would suggest them instead of Crucial?
I didn't make any price comparisons for 64GB kits to determine the best deal. What I was saying is that instead of buying the OWC 128GB kit for $1,099 the better choice is to pay $420 for a matched iMac certified kit from OWC see link in #96. 128GB's is impractical for the average person. For $679 less the 64GB kit is plenty of ram for nearly everyone. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasn't saying that I did research for the best deal from all possible makers of ram. The main take home point is to show how Apple has grossly overinflated prices for their CTO ram upgrades.

Is there a reason why you would suggest them instead of Crucial?
I like crucial ram too and use it a lot. I have had problems in Mac minis and Macbooks I've upgraded where the Crucial ram was not Apple certified and the mini or Macbook would not work properly until the owner put in the Apple certified versions. Those machines would freeze up regularly and rarely worked as they should. So I generally don't use the standard Crucial SO-Dimms in these situations. I know I don't have a large enough sample size so I'm not saying everyone has to avoid standard Crucial ram in their Macs.

Last edited:
If anyone does want to keep the existing 8 GB of ram and add this Crucial 32GB kit that is likely the best BFYB. 32GB of DDR4 for just $162 is pretty good.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRBS4Y5/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
It is the same 2666 MHz speed and some Amazon reviewers have reported it working with their 2019 iMac.
I would certainly be perfectly fine with 40 GB of ram in an iMac.

I didn't make any price comparisons for 64GB kits to determine the best deal. What I was saying is that instead of buying the OWC 128GB kit for $1,099 the better choice is to pay $420 for a matched iMac certified kit from OWC see link in #96. 128GB's is impractical for the average person. For $679 less the 64GB kit is plenty of ram for nearly everyone. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasn't saying that I did research for the best deal from all possible makers of ram. The main take home point is to show how Apple has grossly overinflated prices for their CTO ram upgrades.

No misunderstanding I was looking for enlightenment or justification you provided it below!

I like crucial ram too and use it a lot. I have had problems in Mac minis and Macbooks I've upgraded where the Crucial ram was not Apple certified and the mini or Macbook would not work properly until the owner put in the Apple certified versions. Those machines would freeze up regularly and rarely worked as they should. So I generally don't use the standard Crucial SO-Dimms in these situations. I know I don't have a large enough sample size so I'm not saying everyone has to avoid standard Crucial ram in their Macs.

I used Crucial in my 2013 Mac Pro, and I am currently using it this 2018 Mac mini, and I have installed it in some iMacs in the past. But I have neither a MacBook or older Mac mini so I was unaware of the issue that you speak of. If that was my experience also I would def steer clear in that situation kind of like my experience with all patriot products!

Hi, update Clover Configurator

Selected in SMBIOS section to iMac, 19,1 and next copy your Serial number and your smUUID from actual system

In Boot section insert: -no_compact_check

In section Install/Update Clover to last revision and reboot. Good luck....

(My EFI and Extensions files are to GA-Z370N WIFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back