2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just bought the following new items (ignore my current parts):

Intel i7-10700k
Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra
Sapphire RX 5700xt

My question:

With the release of the new 2020 iMacs, it seems like the perfect SMBIOS for my system would be the new iMac20,2 SMBIOS, but I can't find it anywhere.

Is there a place to find this SMBIOS information? Or will we have to wait a little while?

Very respectfully,

Kyle

I just bought the following new items (ignore my current parts):

Intel i7-10700k
Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra
Sapphire RX 5700xt

My question:

With the release of the new 2020 iMacs, it seems like the perfect SMBIOS for my system would be the new iMac20,2 SMBIOS, but I can't find it anywhere.

Is there a place to find this SMBIOS information? Or will we have to wait a little while?

Very respectfully,

Kyle

I estimate that an update to clover will be released in the coming days
And we get the smbios

I also brought a z490 & 10900K and want to already install with the 20,1 smbios :D

I estimate that an update to clover will be released in the coming days
And we get the smbios

I also brought a z490 & 10900K and want to already install with the 20,1 smbios :D

My next questions is this:

Will the fact that this iMac has a T2 chip affect using the SMBIOS for a hackintosh?

My next questions is this:

Will the fact that this iMac has a T2 chip affect using the SMBIOS for a hackintosh?
No...
I'm from 2017 on iMac Pro smbios and there's a T2
I recently installed on my x299 the Mac Pro 2019 smbios and also there is a T2
And there is no difference

No...
I'm from 2017 on iMac Pro smbios and there's a T2
I recently installed on my x299 the Mac Pro 2019 smbios and also there is a T2
And there is no difference

That's amazing news! In that case, I'm super excited for Clover to update with the new iMac20,1 and iMac20,2 SMBIOS! :D

It’s a myth that you should match your system specs to the SMBIOS model type. My system is in my sig and iMac19,1 is the closest there is. Yet it runs like a dog. iMacPro1,1 gives me solid performance and proper cpu power management that not even 19,1 provides. Yet it has a T2 chip so no sidecar. Stability and performance is far superior. Same goes for the MacPro7,1 model. A bit better than 1,1 in performance but sadly doesn’t have the cpu PM. Yet both those models have Xeons.

Run the SMBIOS that works best, not the one closest to your system specs. Those mean nothing these days.

That's amazing news! In that case, I'm super excited for Clover to update with the new iMac20,1 and iMac20,2 SMBIOS! :D

I run Imac Pro 1,1 on all my systems even the z170A system that has been retired and given to an old friend. Honestly, if you have an 8 core or a 10 core I9 CPU that is dam close to the 8 and 10 core Xeon and makes you really close to the Imac pro 1,1 or even Mac Pro 7,1 not have the IGPU setup or needed makes a lot of stuff work better with fewer headaches update after update. With the iMac SM generally, whatevergreen is fixing a lot of stuff that breaks about 30% of the time with updates. Just my take on it.

Also I will likely be moving to 7,1 shortly because only headless SM allow multi monitor to work without whatevergreen and the old piker R black screen patch no longer works in Big sir.

I'm trying to figure it out, which way to go. Long time I had only my smbios on MacPro and about a year back switch to iMac Pro. Whats the real benefit to set as MacPro7,1 comparing with iMacPro1,1.
thank you

I'm trying to figure it out, which way to go. Long time I had only my smbios on MacPro and about a year back switch to iMac Pro. Whats the real benefit to set as MacPro7,1 comparing with iMacPro1,1.
thank you

No need for whatevergreen, for multi monitors.

It’s a myth that you should match your system specs to the SMBIOS model type. My system is in my sig and iMac19,1 is the closest there is. Yet it runs like a dog. iMacPro1,1 gives me solid performance and proper cpu power management that not even 19,1 provides. Yet it has a T2 chip so no sidecar. Stability and performance is far superior. Same goes for the MacPro7,1 model. A bit better than 1,1 in performance but sadly doesn’t have the cpu PM. Yet both those models have Xeons.

Run the SMBIOS that works best, not the one closest to your system specs. Those mean nothing these days.

What bootloader are you using? I have a very similar system and I am using smibios 19,1. With clover I was never really happy with the stability and responsiveness of the system like you mentioned. However when I switched to OpenCore it was night and day. Boot times are reduced dramatically, no more micro freezes or stutter and cpu management is spot on according to the intel power gadget. All Apple features are working great for me (AppleTV drm, handoff, continuity, sidecar, Apple watch unlock/approve, hardware encoding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back