Contribute
Register

New iMac or Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So maybe the BT signal reception between the mouse and the back of the computer was "sub-optimal" and by putting it on the desktop with the monitor you've fixed that problem. Nothing to do with the software/driver side of the dongle.
Not an un-heard-of situation!

So maybe the BT signal reception between the mouse and the back of the computer was "sub-optimal" and by putting it on the desktop with the monitor you've fixed that problem. Nothing to do with the software/driver side of the dongle.
Not an un-heard-of situation!

No, sorry if I didn't make that clear. That is not the case. I've tried all three dongles on the front USB ports, a mere few inches away from the Magic Mouse with direct line of sight (as if that was needed). It doesn't make any difference. The ONLY successful combination so far has been the Rocketfish dongle plugged into the (far) side of the Dell monitor....which for the record puts the dongle the furthest possible distance away from the mouse of any USB port available on the system and out of line of sight (i.e. line of sight would be right through the longest dimension of the monitor).

My thoughts exactly.

Sounds like you're all sorted then? I'm convinced now to go for it. Just need to finalise and build. The Dell 27" will be the most likely candidate, I need the screen space and not too convinced about using multiple.

Thanks for the help with the bluetooth dongle, I'll be sure to look out for any issues.

Yes, all set!

My wife just told me this morning that she LOVES her new computer!

I'm building one just like it for a friend. Just waiting for a couple of the parts to come in.

Good luck with yours!

Hi, EddyMac,

Just to put my 2 cents into the fray, I use the Targus BT USB dongle (see my build description for model) w/o any lag, and my Magic Mouse wakes up my hacks. I have the Targus plugged into the front USB port of my IOGear KVM switch; all computers use it when I switch to different systems almost instantly. My Logitech Unifying Receiver for the K750 Solar Mac KB is plugged into the monitor. So, I've have my BT & Unifying Receiver in USB hubs. But, you need to sacrifice a chicken each day for it to work which they don't tell you in the manual. :lol:

I have bad eyes so I, too, use 23/24" IPS monitors giving me 1920x1200 resolution which are soooo much better than the cheapo TFN 1080p resolution monitors. The HP ZR24W/ZR2440W monitors are priced reasonably. I have a ZR24W and an Apple 23" ACD (DVI) monitors which are good for my eyes.

One of my systems uses a Fractal Design Define R3 (R4 is the current model) case. Outstanding case! Highly recommended. I'm now looking to get a Fractal DD Mini for my mATX based computers. :thumbup:

I'm using a Belkin USB BT adapter. Perfect. It's a bit older, 2.1 EDR version. Never had any issue with it. Trackpad works like a dream with it.

I'm using a Belkin USB BT adapter. Perfect. It's a bit older, 2.1 EDR version. Never had any issue with it. Trackpad works like a dream with it.

Could you post the exact model number here? It might help someone. I've spent hours researching bluetooth dongles and which ones work and which ones don't. Thanks.

Hi, EddyMac,

Just to put my 2 cents into the fray, I use the Targus BT USB dongle (see my build description for model) w/o any lag, and my Magic Mouse wakes up my hacks. I have the Targus plugged into the front USB port of my IOGear KVM switch; all computers use it when I switch to different systems almost instantly. My Logitech Unifying Receiver for the K750 Solar Mac KB is plugged into the monitor. So, I've have my BT & Unifying Receiver in USB hubs. But, you need to sacrifice a chicken each day for it to work which they don't tell you in the manual. :lol:

I have bad eyes so I, too, use 23/24" IPS monitors giving me 1920x1200 resolution which are soooo much better than the cheapo TFN 1080p resolution monitors. The HP ZR24W/ZR2440W monitors are priced reasonably. I have a ZR24W and an Apple 23" ACD (DVI) monitors which are good for my eyes.

One of my systems uses a Fractal Design Define R3 (R4 is the current model) case. Outstanding case! Highly recommended. I'm now looking to get a Fractal DD Mini for my mATX based computers. :thumbup:

So the real lesson here is that these USB Bluetooth dongles need to be plugged into powered USB hubs in order to work correctly...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back