Hey there all,

I've got the following build:
Main Hardware:
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A ATX Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Founders Ed.

Storage:
SATA: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD, Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
PCIE/M.2: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD, Intel 750 400GB NVMe SATA->M.2 SSD

Just was wondering if the PCIE/M.2 devices would be compatable with High Sierra, and if anyone had any personal experience in configuring them?

In extension, I've built a different CustoMac last week using a different build, so I am somewhat familiar with UniBeast, MultiBeast, Clover Booter (and some of its options), and basic installation.

Can MultiBeast only be used once (1) per installation, and if the configuration is incorrect, does OS X need to be re-installed to use a different MultiBeast config, or can I just re-configure and install overtop of the previous config?

I have yet to officially attempt installing OS X on the device (just trying to do some pre-planning. Troubleshooting is of course expected).

:)

Hey there all,

I've got the following build:
Main Hardware:
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A ATX Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Founders Ed.

Storage:
SATA: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD, Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
PCIE/M.2: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD, Intel 750 400GB NVMe SATA->M.2 SSD

Just was wondering if the PCIE/M.2 devices would be compatable with High Sierra, and if anyone had any personal experience in configuring them?

In extension, I've built a different CustoMac last week using a different build, so I am somewhat familiar with UniBeast, MultiBeast, Clover Booter (and some of its options), and basic installation.

Can MultiBeast only be used once (1) per installation, and if the configuration is incorrect, does OS X need to be re-installed to use a different MultiBeast config, or can I just re-configure and install overtop of the previous config?

I have yet to officially attempt installing OS X on the device (just trying to do some pre-planning. Troubleshooting is of course expected).

:)

High Sierra is compatible with most NVME drives however Z97 boards usually have the first gen M.2 slot so 10GB/sec versus the newer boards Z170 + with 32GB/sec. It will be faster than a Sata drive 6GB/sec but not phenomenal. It is easiest to install on a HDD or SSD first then carbon copy clone to M.2 drive.

Everything looks compatible it should be an easy build as long as you follow the guides carefully.

High Sierra is compatible with most NVME drives however Z97 boards usually have the first gen M.2 slot so 10GB/sec versus the newer boards Z170 + with 32GB/sec. It will be faster than a Sata drive 6GB/sec but not phenomenal. It is easiest to install on a HDD or SSD first then carbon copy clone to M.2 drive.

Everything looks compatible it should be an easy build as long as you follow the guides carefully.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'll stick with the SATA drives just to keep things simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back