Contribute
Register

New hackintosh (X99, I7 6800K, GTX970, 32gb DDR4 2400Mhz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree. I was just saying that if people use those links, then it helps this website which is something they might like to do, right?
I do not know for a fact, but would think it only reasonable that newegg and amazon would pay some referral fee to this site for items the admins link to their etail stores. These fees would help to support the servers and software needed to maintain the site.
I have no problem with this.

I have this exact set up except 64gb of ram. I'm extremely new to building computers. I keep getting stuck at the Apple screen and then the prohibited symbol. Does anyone know the problem

I have this exact set up except 64gb of ram. I'm extremely new to building computers. I keep getting stuck at the Apple screen and then the prohibited symbol. Does anyone know the problem
What is an s7 motherboard? I have never heard of it. Please read the rules pertaining to your profile and hardware.

Prohibited signal is usually the result of wrong BIOS/UEFI settings.

thanks for the response. i dont know why s7 was there but i changed it. i have an asus x99 deluxe II. i figured it might be wrong bios settings because i had the same problem when trying to install yosemite thoough i feel Im following all of the steps correctly.

Prohibited sign might mean that the device you're booting from (a USB flash drive or a NVMe drive) has an EFI driver that allows Clover to appear from that drive, but does not have a Mac OS X driver or is not usable by Mac OS X. In the case of USB (if you're booting the Clover from USB flash drive to install Mac OS X from the flash drive), you may be using a USB port that Mac OS X is ignoring because of the USB port limit. You can try a different USB port or the port limit patch in config.plist (which might be automatically included by UniBeast already). Does X99 even have a USB port limit issue? Anyway, you should have "-v" in the boot args in config.plist, so you can tell why the problem is occurring.

In the case of NVMe drive, you should make sure clover has a NVMe driver in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/

I'm going to check if that kext is there. I'm still wondering if there is something in the bios I'm missing. Also going to try a different port. Should the ports in the back work more effectively than the ports in the front? I'm really new at this.

When I boot in verbose. Then it restarts.

Attachments

• 20160806_105004.jpg
    20160806_105004.jpg
    10.3 MB · Views: 337
thanks for the response. i dont know why s7 was there but i changed it. i have an asus x99 deluxe II. i figured it might be wrong bios settings because i had the same problem when trying to install yosemite thoough i feel Im following all of the steps correctly.
Suggest you use the USB2.0 port closest to the board of the stack of 4 on the back plate for connecting the USB installer.
Also suggest you install to a standard AHCI SATA drive and clone to the NVMe drive once you have everything working to your satisfaction.

Intel Core i7 6800K Broadwell-E CPU
Noctua NH-L9i Low Profile Intel CPU Cooler

Noctua does not make any mounting hardware for the 2011-3 Narrow socket that the Broadwell-E resides in…

And the 140 watts TDP of the Broadwell-E is more than the HSF is designed for…

Hi guys,

I am building a hackintosh for my sister, I am mostly a windows build guy so i don't know the intricacies of Mac and comparability issues surrounding hardware (even though it is sound for windows)

Here is my purposed build:
CPU: Intel Core i7 6800K Broadwell-E 3.4GHz 15MB No HSF Retail Box $669
GPU: Galax GeForce GTX970 Gamer OC Mini 4GB GDDR5 $419 (WITH AN FUTURE OPTION OF GTX 1080 $1129)
RAM: Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2400MHz Vengeance LPX $216
PSU: Silverstone SFX SX600-G 600W $165
CASE: Ncase M1 V5 $250
SSD: Intel SSD 540 Series M.2 80mm 1TB $449
MOBO: ASRock X99E-ITX/AC LGA2011-3 MINI-ITX $337
CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-L9i Low Profile Intel CPU Cooler $54

Total $2,559
All prices are in AUD

The software she will be using mostly will be ArchiCAD19, Adobe creative suite, AutoCAD

As she is focused on CAD style programs, I decided to use an 6 core CPU rather than a Z170 platform I7 6700k (also future proofing)

Any advice or tips would be excellent
Did you have any success with your build? Specifically with the X99?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back