Contribute
Register

New Hackintosh with onboard graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys! Planning to build a new desktop and wondering if it will work well with onboard gfx?

After going through the buying guide, my build will be:

Intel i5-8400
Asus strix h370 F-Gaming
Samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD
WD 1TB HDD
Crucial 8gb ddr4

So wondering if I can install Hackintosh on this setup with onboard graphics?

And if im planning to dual boot, do I just follow the procedure on this site and then figure the windows part?

hey guys! Planning to build a new desktop and wondering if it will work well with onboard gfx?

After going through the buying guide, my build will be:

Intel i5-8400
Asus strix h370 F-Gaming
Samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD
WD 1TB HDD
Crucial 8gb ddr4

So wondering if I can install Hackintosh on this setup with onboard graphics?

And if im planning to dual boot, do I just follow the procedure on this site and then figure the windows part?

This should run macOS fine. Using onboard graphics should not be a problem.

You can follow the guides to dual booting:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153/

Cool! What about if I used the Asus B360 H-Gaming?

The only issue I have with this motherboard is that it doesn't have DisplayPort. Generally speaking, macOS works best with DisplayPort.

The only issue I have with this motherboard is that it doesn't have DisplayPort. Generally speaking, macOS works best with DisplayPort.
Ohh! Will that be used to connect to the monitor? My monitor only supports DVI tho:/

Ohh! Will that be used to connect to the monitor? My monitor only supports DVI tho:/
You can use DVI, it will work. You are limited to using lower than 4K resolution monitors with onboard graphics. If you add in a graphics card with DP later on it's not a big deal if you don't have DP on the motherboard.

You can use DVI, it will work. You are limited to using lower than 4K resolution monitors with onboard graphics. If you add in a graphics card with DP later on it's not a big deal if you don't have DP on the motherboard.
Sweet! Because i could save a great deal with using the B360 and push the rest of the budget to an SSD or such. I’ll stick with the B360 then :)

Will dvi work on high Sierra? also,can a VGA monitor be used ,with an HDMI to VGA adaptor? Because I have a good fully HD monitor but has only VGA input.

My built Asus rog strix H370 f gaming
I've opened a thread for solving my installation problems
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-f-gaming-no-start.257708/page-8#post-1794421
still have problems setting up the display, before I was thinking that the display card GTX 750 Ti was incompatible, so I removed and I'm working with the onboard graphic now, but the flickering effect is still there. Most probably it's the drivers that I chosen in Multibeast installation but...
Any suggestion?

I've installed Intel HD 6xx as suggested for this kind of integrated display, no result, the problem is the redrawing time. With fast required redraw the displays flickers.
The redraw time in Google earth for instance is amazingly long

Any one with similar problems? Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back