looking
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Hackintoshers :D

This is my very first build and just looking for advice and pointers. All of this, from building a PC to putting OSX on a custom machine is all new to me but I am learning.

I have been doing a bunch of reading and research on the internet for like the last month, comparing different peoples builds and the components they have been using. I got the opportunity to buy a new iMac but instead I have always wanted to build a computer, so I decided to build my first Hackintosh. I have to admit I am excited to build this but there is still much to learn.

I’m also building this to be a Video editing and 3d work station, maybe a little gaming on the side. I work on 3D graphic (Maya, 3ds Max) and Video Editing (Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc) I am going to make it a dual boot system running OSX and Windows. I own Windows 7 so I might put that on the machine or maybe looking into upgrading to Windows 8.1. I don’t really see any benefits since I won’t be using Windows all that much but will need it for 3ds Max and a few other random programs I use.

With that said, I just want to put up my build. From what I know, I don’t think I will have any problems or issues with parts but if there is any advice you can give me or if I am over looking something, please let me know.

Hackintosh Parts - Parts being Ordered
- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Case

- Motherboard: GIGABYTE - Z87X-UD5H

- Processor: i7 4770K

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2Pack 8GB DDR3 DIMM Desktop Memory Kit

- SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
(Later to purchase another to setup a Raid 10) (still learning about Raids)

- HHD: 1TB 7200rpm
(either Seagate Barracuda, WD Blue or WD Green) (any reason one is better than another?)

- Power Supply: Corsair RM Series 650W Power Supply

- Cooling system: Corsair H80i CPU cooler

- WIFI: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps

- Graphics Card: (still deciding, any suggestion are welcome too)
Either:
- EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB GDDR5 256bit
or
- Gigabyte GTX 770 GDDR5-2GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP OC WINDFORCE 3X Graphics Card GV-N770OC-2GD

So that is it? What do you think?

I have setup my Unibeast USB and now just waiting to get the parts.
I am in the process of finding Multibeast setting which I think I have one good one to start off with.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...4770k-z87x-ud5h-32gb-ram-radeon-5770-a-2.html

A couple questions:
I know Froghammers build has Mountain Lion but this should all work with Mavericks too, right?
and just curiousI was wondering why is there no DSDT for 1150 sockets?

Ok, thanks guys and again any advice would be appreciated.

Later - DCHD

Hello,

Build looks good. In fact it is very similar to mine, except I am looking to use the UD4H mother board, rather than the UD5H.

I originally had Corsair RAM but there seems to be a general consensus that Corsair RAM doesn't play nice with Haswell builds so have decided to swap to G-Skill Ripjaws X. The issue is that I am doing a black and red build in the R4 so finding RAM that is compatible and fits the aesthetics is proving difficult!

I have purchased the MSI GTX 770. Both the EVGA and Gigabyte are good as well though. The EVGA looks to be the most 'premium' model and as such is generally more expensive. I kinda wish I went with the EVGA model since I am interested in water cooling in the future and EVGA have good water blocks and back plates. Maybe its a good thing I can't since it will cost me too much anyway!

Best of luck with the build. Hopefully when I finally buy all the parts (got the case, PSU, CPU cooler, Fans and GPU so far) I can help you with any issues with build/installation.

Thanks DrEskimo

yeah I went with the UD5H. It was suggested in the builds and seems pretty good. I was possibly considering the GA-Z87X-OC. Seems like a lot of people like that board. I'm still learning but seems like overclocking is the way to go, so eventually I'll learn. From my little knowledge now I will be able to overclock but ill worry about that later. First is just to get it up and running.

And ill keep the RAM in mind. I did read some problems with the Corsair but I also saw a few builds with it too, so ill take a chance. I want the 2x 8GB because I do plan on getting another 2 soon after but we'll see what happens.

And props for going with the black and red. That will look good. Hope you can get all it together.

The Graphics I was leading a little more toward the Gigabyte just because price but ill take a day or two to consider EVGA. I know the Gigabyte will be good and its just a tad bit cheaper.

Good luck to you too, let me know how it goes and ill keep updating mine. Soon both of us we'll be rocking :headbang: some sweet machines. Honestly this is kind of a pain but also so fun too.

Later - DCHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back