Contribute
Register

New hackintosh hickups/freezes different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I just built my first Hackintosh, it's like 2 weeks old and I haven't used it for a week or so. Everything worked great for a week or so, but then it started to act really strange.

For example when starting up my OSX it gets stuck on the loading screen, loading for an eternity without anything happening. After force shutting down the computer using the powerbutton 2 times it starts to work, but not without problem: when the mouse loading pointer appears it gets stuck on that, whenever there's a resize corner or something, the mouse pointer gets stuck on that - I mean that icon gets stuck on the mouse pointer, until I reboot again. Also now when I'm writing this article I'm not able to press enter sometimes, it gets stuck on the same place, and acts very strangely. Sometimes it even throws the words around and inserts enter here and there (actually it was a real struggle to type this thread you're reading right here, on my computer).
Another thing that I noticed now when I started my machine and force shutted it down twice and then got into OSX was that my safari got stuck on opening halfway, but I could still use it, but it was 50% transparent and not even full size. Really weird things happening.

Menues icons, windows, everything seems to get stuck, even apps and programs. The only solution is to shut it down and start it up several times. Each time I start it up it gets a little bit further, until it's full scale. My computer:
Moderboard: Asus SABERTOOTH X79 TUF
HDD #1: Samsung SSD Pro Basic 840-Series 256GB
HDD #2: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 3TB 7200RPM SATA/600 64MB
Processor: Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz
Processorcooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 +
Noctua NM-I2011 Mounting-kit
Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2048MB
RAM memory: CORSAIR 16GB DDR3 VENGEANCE LP PC3-15000 1866MHZ CL10 (2X8GB)
---
Fan: Noctua NF-P12 1300
Powersupply: Fractal Design Newton R2, 1000W 80+ Modular
Other: ESD-wristband
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Svart

What could I do to solve this problem? please help! Thank you.
Moderboard: Asus SABERTOOTH X79 TUF
HDD #1: Samsung SSD Pro Basic 840-Series 256GB
HDD #2: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 3TB 7200RPM SATA/600 64MB
Processor: Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz
Processorcooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 +
Noctua NM-I2011 Mounting-kit
Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2048MB
RAM memory: CORSAIR 16GB DDR3 VENGEANCE LP PC3-15000 1866MHZ CL10 (2X8GB)
---
Fan: Noctua NF-P12 1300
Powersupply: Fractal Design Newton R2, 1000W 80+ Modular
Other: ESD-wristband
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Svart

I need urgent help on this matter, I can't use my computer properly, it's totally out of shape :/ please anyone?

oh come on, no one willing to help regarding this matter? please? :(

Hi, thanks for the reply, finally!
"
But I have graphics Enabler=0 in my "chameleon.boot.plist" already, and my npci=0x3000 it says.

it's kinda weird because I'm having the same multibeast setup as this guy too, even with some extra things, since I have a different motherboard and cpu. This is what I have followed (since its the same processor and motherboard etc):

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-3930k-gtx670-sabertooth-x79-56k-warn-21.html

so here are the multibeast settings:

27124d1344414355-great-success-yo-mangs-hack-pro-3930k-gtx670-sabertooth-x79-56k-warn-multibeast.jpg

I also noticed that my mac pro model is set to; 3,1. Should I change this to 5,1? if so, what does it help?

It's not like I have this problem ALL The time, but it happens randomly. I think you misunderstood my problem. It's a very weird one which I haven't read about.

When I'm trying to open lets say safari, it gets stuck in the middle of the opening process... so the window looks not smaller than half open and is transparent.

I have to force close it 2 times to get it work (everything seems to work after forcing it to shut down 2 times).

Same with the startup problem, it freezes on the loading screen, when forcing it to shut down 2 times via the computers shut down button, it's up and running fine again.

When producing in lets say music programs like Logic Pro X, the playhead freezes and I can no longer see where I am on the timeline in the project. By restarting Logic it works fine again.

Sometimes the mouse icons locks and looks like either the loading globe ( like this: :beachball: ) or like a hand all the time. It gets stuck for some reason on random things, even the startup sometimes.

Sometimes it gets so bad that the windows freeze totally and I can move my mousepointer around but I cannot click anything, it kind of refuses to open up.

Any solution please? I really want to fix this problem. Its annoying as HECK!

Thanks.

I have googled around and people are saying its the graphicscard. But all the graphics cards they are using is the 4 or 5 series of NVIDIA Geforce. I have the 6 series.. and I don't get the hang/freeze when my computer goes to sleep and wakes up. It works perfectly that way. This is completely random and I don't know how to fix it, so PLEASE help! anyone!

oh come on, I've tried the freezefix app, I've googled and searched around on GPU freezes, I've tried to enable trim, open CL etc via terminal. I've tried most solutions out there but I still get these very annoying freezes from time to time (not always but sometimes!) ITS VERY ANNOYING! I need urgent help to find a solution..

so PLEASE, anyone? would be so much appreciated with your help! I'm totally new on this and I want my machine to run smoothly.

Thanks

It must be very frustrating to you. I've been reading these boards for a year and a half and have not seen your issues before.
It sounds (only a guess mind you) like a hardware issue.

Changing the system definitions depends on the hardware, see this long list of questions people have already asked.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=system definition
I can't find an article that details each one specifically so you might have to study up to answer your question. Some definitions require certain hardware (like ECC Ram module, WiFi, etc.)

You might want to begin a serious troubleshooting routine. Remove everything that you can and still boot. Take out all extra RAM, HD's, Video cards etc. Boot with a minimal system until you get a stable system. Then add ONE thing back at a time until the problem reoccurs. :|

oh fuark.. is it really necessary? you don't think I have some wrong kext or something?

It was running very smoothly for a few weeks now, but when I changed my RAM from 1333Mhz to 1866Mhz which it should be, it tells me overclocking failed and I change it back and the problem reoccurs all the time now ;o I'm guessing its the ram maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back