GT740SC 1GB EVGA
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All :)

I Built a Hackintosh about 3 Years ago & I am now in the Middle of an Upgrade.

I Purchased a GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 MOBO + i7 4790K + ( GT740 SC EVGA " Not Fitted Card Yet ! " )

i Seem to be hitting Problems getting the Install Started and keep getting to a blank black Screen.

Here is What i have Done so Far

Set up the new Motherboards Bios up as Described in Guides & Saved it to CMOS

Downloaded Mountain Lion from App Store on my MBP

Downloaded UNIBEAST 5.2 & Run It on my Macbook Pro to Create A 8GB Bootable USB Drive.

Inserted the USB Flash Drive into the the New Motherboards USB Port & Turned on PC

Held key F12 so i could Select Boot from the newly made USB Flash

Waited Until the Unbeast Red Apple graphic showed up and Selected USB -- " All seems good to Hear "

But then It Just Sits at a Standard Apple Boot Screen goes no Further " White Screen Grey Apple Logo "

I have also Tried adding the Command -v before hitting enter

Then i get loads of white text scrolling up screen shortly followed by a black Blank Screen ???

Can somebody kindly help me please as i am sure i am missing something as i made sure to buy the correct parts from the buyers guide

Hardware List

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
16GB Ram
i7 4790K
SSD Samsung Evo
1TB Used HDD
EVGA GT740 SC 1GB ( Not Fitted Yet until i get a running System )

P.S I have also Downloaded Yosemite as well in case i can not get ML Running

Thanks in advance :)

Forget ML, there is no support for your hardware in the kernel.
9 series mainboards can only run 10.9.5 Mavericks (with some effort and work-arounds) and 10.10 Yosemite

Thank you "Going Bald" for posting the info on ML not working with my hardware. That's saved me a lot of messing around trying to solve an unsolvable puzzle, MANY THANKS :)

I will now try Installing Yosemite and see how that goes using Unibeast

The only part i really don't understand is what to do to install the GT 750 ( EVGA )

Should i Put it into the computer & then Install Yosemite With Unibeast USB Flash drive

or Should i Remove the GT 750 Install Yosemite & then Re-Fit the Card after Install

and do i need to anything special to make it work - Or will it Just Work Natively.

THANKS AGAIN.

Thank you "Going Bald" for posting the info on ML not working with my hardware. That's saved me a lot of messing around trying to solve an unsolvable puzzle, MANY THANKS :)

I will now try Installing Yosemite and see how that goes using Unibeast

The only part i really don't understand is what to do to install the GT 750 ( EVGA )

Should i Put it into the computer & then Install Yosemite With Unibeast USB Flash drive

or Should i Remove the GT 750 Install Yosemite & then Re-Fit the Card after Install

and do i need to anything special to make it work - Or will it Just Work Natively.

THANKS AGAIN.
Easiest is to install using CPU graphics, then install a discrete GPU. Check the chipset of your GPU - is it a Maxwell chip? If yes, install nVidia web drivers for version of OS X you are running, then enable the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back