Contribute
Register

New Hackintosh Build. i7 3770K, Asrock z77 Extreme4m, NVIDIA 660ti MSI Twin Frozr 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I built the machine, I have the bios set to the lifehacker guide specs, I flashed the custom bios to the board, but when I try to install OSX I hang on the grey Apple screen. After a few seconds of the spinning wheel it brings up a circle with a cross through it. I have disabled virtualization and quick boot and also configured Sata to ahci. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    947.8 KB · Views: 626
Wwell disregard that! It was the fact I had the USB in the front header!​

It's official, the Hackintosh is running full steam. Thanks for the help Samisnake, it's much appreciated!

Well I think I pulled a stupid. When I got the hackintosh running I figured I'd restore from a time machine backup. The migration assistant hung on the last few percent of the transfer so I force shut down then I instant kernel panic on boot with no access to safe mode or single user. Verbose goes on forever repeating lines of text. The panic is an ACPIPlatform kext. I also fail to boot my installation flash drive with the same panic.

I was reading on this problem and it seems that NTFS for Mac (a program I had on my time machine) throws kernel panics with 10.8.2, is there any way to recover from this?

The involved kernel panic seems to stem from PCI Root UID not being=1 as per an error message before panic. However the driver in multiverse is no help. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back