Graphics
evga 660 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, i have a few questions regarding my already created Mountain lion hackintosh.

1. I am running a gtx 660 ti and i was thinking about either upgarding it or maybe adding another one. If i change this out or add another one, would i have to reinstall anything, or will it be as easy as swapping it our or plugging a new one in. (FOr the gtx660ti i didnt need any drivers, but if i were to add another one, of a different kind, if i can do so, i would think i would need drivers of sorts or whatever is needed, but my main concern is reinstalling the OS.
2. Will changing out the cpu to a different one, sometime in the future, result in having to reinstall os and everything. (This question may be stupid so sorry)
3.I kind of know what over-clocking is, but can you do it on a hackintosh, if so, once again, any software reinstallation's or anything of that nature?
4.My pc case is kinda sloppy full of unorganized wires. If i take out the wires and rearrange them for it too look nicer, without touching the cpu, once again, any software reinstallation's or any thing of that nature?

Hello, i have a few questions regarding my already created Mountain lion hackintosh.

1. I am running a gtx 660 ti and i was thinking about either upgarding it or maybe adding another one. If i change this out or add another one, would i have to reinstall anything, or will it be as easy as swapping it our or plugging a new one in. (FOr the gtx660ti i didnt need any drivers, but if i were to add another one, of a different kind, if i can do so, i would think i would need drivers of sorts or whatever is needed, but my main concern is reinstalling the OS.
2. Will changing out the cpu to a different one, sometime in the future, result in having to reinstall os and everything. (This question may be stupid so sorry)
3.I kind of know what over-clocking is, but can you do it on a hackintosh, if so, once again, any software reinstallation's or anything of that nature?
4.My pc case is kinda sloppy full of unorganized wires. If i take out the wires and rearrange them for it too look nicer, without touching the cpu, once again, any software reinstallation's or any thing of that nature?
1. If you upgraded to a similar one like a GTX 680, it will be plug and play, and will require no messing around. At most if you picked like a Radeon 6850 it could require some tweaking. Regardless you shouldn't have to reinstall anything as long as you pick a compatible card.
2.Nope, as long as it fits in the same socket on your mobo absolutely nothing has to be changed. If you put a sandy bridge cpu in an ivy bridge board or vice versa, then it requires a little messing around.
3. You can only overclock the cpu, because gpu overclocking is done through software. Any overclocking guide for a general ivy bridge build should work fine.
4.As long as your capable of plugging everything back in where it was before, nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back