Contribute
Register

New Gigabyte Z370N - no more WiFi support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
your adapter has a hole in it for the screw yeh? Shame no DP on that board.

here are some pics to help on which card, size to buy.

View attachment 317791 View attachment 317790
I got this card and adapter: https://goo.gl/BbkprA
This is a MacBook Air a/b/g/n/ac (I think) card in an adapter. It works perfectly out of the box. Have not tested Hand-Off but should work. It uses the Broadcom BCM94360CS2 chip.

Now this is 40mm high with the adapter. I had no problem with Gigabyte H270N-WIFI where there is no shield over the installed Intel wifi/BT card. For my board now, Asus ROG Strix Z370-i Gaming WIFI, I have a problem. All the stock Intel/Realtek (the Asus has a Realtek that I hoped would work but gave up) is 30mm high so it works, the cables (short) were long enough and it fits. I can screw in the adapter but not screw the wifi card to the adapter so it sits tight. But in my Fractal Design Core 500 ITX case it bumps into the rear fan. So I am not sure what others do here. I installed it in another case where it did not hit the fan. And I left the cover off.

I really have used too much time to get my DW1820A card (like I posted earlier) to work so I think I will go this path in the future. I see you can get the adapter and original Apple card cheaper also. Just check out. Too bad it takes ages to get these cards from China :( so I think if you are planing on doing some more hacintoshes like me, just buy a few of these.

here are some pics to help on which card, size to buy.

View attachment 317791 View attachment 317790
Thanks for these photos it has helped greatly - Can you confirm that you were able to drop in an M2 adapter to plug in the BCM94360CS2 and the existing RP SNA pigtail antenna were MHL-4 connectors that were able to clip onto the BCM94360CS2?

ie do I need to by replacement MHL-4 pigtail antenna?

Thanks for these photos it has helped greatly - Can you confirm that you were able to drop in an M2 adapter to plug in the BCM94360CS2 and the existing RP SNA pigtail antenna were MHL-4 connectors that were able to clip onto the BCM94360CS2?

ie do I need to by replacement MHL-4 pigtail antenna?
You can use the DW1820A and you can also use a M2 adapter with the BCM94360CS2 like I posted. I have tested this with Asus ROG Strix Z370-I WIFI and ASROCK Fatility Z370 WIFI. You will have to remove the cap or just tape it on because of the 10mm extra. No problem I think. I have not tested the Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI. I wanted to overclock :)
I was thinking of the Gigabyte but got a good deal on the ASUS Z370-I WIFI. Only difference was the USB-C 3.1 port while the Gigabyte only has standard USB-C port. I thought maybe that would come in handy one day transferring huge amounts of data.

Btw. you can see on the the thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...802-11n-wifi-and-no-bluetooth-devices.250592/ that I managed to get the DW1802A up and running just fine thanks to the amazing @YoshiMac but I think in the future I will stick to the M2 adapter and the original Apple WIFI/BT cards. Even if it may stick a little bit out!

You can use the DW1820A and you can also use a M2 adapter with the BCM94360CS2 like I posted. I have tested this with Asus ROG Strix Z370-I WIFI and ASROCK Fatility Z370 WIFI. You will have to remove the cap or just tape it on because of the 10mm extra. No problem I think. I have not tested the Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI. I wanted to overclock :)
I was thinking of the Gigabyte but got a good deal on the ASUS Z370-I WIFI. Only difference was the USB-C 3.1 port while the Gigabyte only has standard USB-C port. I thought maybe that would come in handy one day transferring huge amounts of data.

Btw. you can see on the the thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...802-11n-wifi-and-no-bluetooth-devices.250592/ that I managed to get the DW1802A up and running just fine thanks to the amazing @YoshiMac but I think in the future I will stick to the M2 adapter and the original Apple WIFI/BT cards. Even if it may stick a little bit out!
@asleb Thanks but I have already go the BCM94360CS2 ready to go in this weekend - I like the idea of it 'just working'

@asleb Thanks but I have already go the BCM94360CS2 ready to go in this weekend - I like the idea of it 'just working'
I support you 100% :) It was just my pride when I had used so much time on this that I just had to finish it. What a good feeling when you get something to work!

you should need to buy longer antennas as these are too short.
here is a link for size. i also posted in your other thread
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gaming-wifi-and-bt.191274/page-9#post-1471896

On my Asus ROG STRIX Z370n-I Gaming WIFI ITX build I have very good wifi and bluetooth using the supplied antenna. Also I installed the DW1820A in a ASROCK Fat1lity Z370 WIFI and the antennas are connected straight to the connectors on the back. No problem with reception there.
asus-z370-i antenna.jpg

Hi there.
For those who have doubts on the motherboard WiFi module, I just bought my Gigabyte Z370N and removed the NGFF module.
I created an album showing the removing process.

Hope it helps.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2GNVg1V8UKaSZ14T9

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the BCM94360CS2 and M.2 adapter fits inside the module? The module seems small, I'm still hesitating between BCM94360CS2 and BCM94352Z.

Thanks

Hmm, I bought a BCM94352Z m.2 and fits perfectly. It's its a great board since it supports 5ghz and AC wifi.
I'm not sure about BCM94360CS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back