Contribute
Register

New Gigabyte Mini-ITX Motherboard (GA-Z77N-WIFI) Up on Newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had exactly the same experience as BitterMelon.

Sleep is working perfectly and only takes seconds to wake.
Wifi was replaced with Atheros AR9280 and works OOTB.
Realtek Ethernet disabled and added Presto PCIe Ethernet and works OOTB.
HD4000 Graphics.

I use my hack as a server so network and maintenance is key.

Couldn't be happier :)

This is great to hear. Maybe I could start the progress toward a Hackintosh laptop again after building a new tower.

As for "DSDT Free", does the power management still hook in with the UEFI perfectly (as in, no speedstep kext patches or patched DSDTs?)

I've had exactly the same experience as BitterMelon.

Sleep is working perfectly and only takes seconds to wake.
Wifi was replaced with Atheros AR9280 and works OOTB.
Realtek Ethernet disabled and added Presto PCIe Ethernet and works OOTB.
HD4000 Graphics.

I use my hack as a server so network and maintenance is key.

Couldn't be happier :)

Please make a guide. I ordered mine today...

what with ethernet? both not working? wifi is not a trouble

My expirence with Realtek Ethernet is buggie after large transfers, I haven't tried them on the new board though.

This is great to hear. Maybe I could start the progress toward a Hackintosh laptop again after building a new tower.

As for "DSDT Free", does the power management still hook in with the UEFI perfectly (as in, no speedstep kext patches or patched DSDTs?)

I haven't tried any level of overclocking and after testing more my wake/sleep seem to only function when manually put to sleep but as others have posted, it doesn't work with auto sleep. I also have not tested the WOL stuff at this point either!

Please make a guide. I ordered mine today...

Bittermelon has already created a very good guide, he's even ordered the same wifi card i use which will get his airplay video work perfectly.

I suggest checking out his Guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ip-build-ga-z77n-wifi-i5-3570k-hd-6870-a.html

My expirence with Realtek Ethernet is buggie after large transfers, I haven't tried them on the new board though.
My Ethernet works flawlessly on this board.

Bittermelon has already created a very good guide, he's even ordered the same wifi card i use which will get his airplay video work perfectly.
The seller said "please allow 25-40 business days for shipping". :crazy: Seriously? o_O
Anyway, it will take a while before I can get the card in.

Yes I know, but I will not buy a gpu, I will use hd4000 so I want to know how it works and if you need to do something to make it work.
It will work OOB, that's why I got it. ;) I did have a strange issue with the login screen being garbled, but that's only sometimes and easy to fix (off-on on the screen). There's a more permanent fix in my thread too (which I haven't tried though). But you probably won't even have that issue. :)

You can use my guide, just ignore the Radeon parts.

The seller said "please allow 25-40 business days for shipping". :crazy: Seriously? o_O

So whose drivers are you using, the Realtek or lnx2mac( v56 or v90 ) ?
Edit: nevermind I looked over your guide, I may have o give them a try, would love to team them :)

i preordered my card weeks before the motherboard came out in hopes it would work, luckily it works beautifully :)

Still no in stock in Ukraine! =( Gigabyte where are you?

Hi guys

I have a GA-z77n-wifi, and i really need to be able to wake up lan (WOL) my computer via a logmein session

it doesn't work for me ... does it work for someone ? what is your config, what are your bios settings ... OS settings ?

I have Realtek Drivers installed, network works great unless you keep the Ethernet cable plugged.

Are you using both ports or is one turned off? I get about a 20 second delay after boot before I have Ethernet. I using the Realtek driver???

Are you using both ports or is one turned off? I get about a 20 second delay after boot before I have Ethernet. I using the Realtek driver???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back