Contribute
Register

New Gigabyte GT 730 2GB DDR5 card will not allow me to boot past half way apple progress bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD5-FB
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
GTX 760
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
I have purchased a Gigabyte GT 730 2GB DDR5 card to replace my old bfg 8800GTX , the problem is after I have installed it, when it boots, it gets to the apple logo with the progress bar and reaches half way before rebooting. It keeps on repeating this cycle.

** When I installed an EVGA 1050TI 4GB DDR5 card, it loaded straight out of the box and took me to my desktop screen. The less GT 730 card does not even let me do that. **

I have done the following:

1. Attempted to boot from El Capitan (unibeast) USB first created prior to el capitan install. This has done nothing, even when choosing to boot from external at the tonymac screen it went 100% and then restarted.

2. Tried booting from the 'recovery drive' from the same screen and that did nothing.

Can anyone help, if I have to boot with nv_disable=1 - where do I do this? Hackintosh noob here.

I have purchased a Gigabyte GT 730 2GB DDR5 card to replace my old bfg 8800GTX , the problem is after I have installed it, when it boots, it gets to the apple logo with the progress bar and reaches half way before rebooting. It keeps on repeating this cycle.

** When I installed an EVGA 1050TI 4GB DDR5 card, it loaded straight out of the box and took me to my desktop screen. The less GT 730 card does not even let me do that. **

I have done the following:

1. Attempted to boot from El Capitan (unibeast) USB first created prior to el capitan install. This has done nothing, even when choosing to boot from external at the tonymac screen it went 100% and then restarted.

2. Tried booting from the 'recovery drive' from the same screen and that did nothing.

Can anyone help, if I have to boot with nv_disable=1 - where do I do this? Hackintosh noob here.

I believe nvidia is injected from my previous installation- see screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back