CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Any suggestions? I'm running a 5870 Eyefinity now and it's ridiculously loud. (silent in windows, though.)

I need a new card anyway, so I'd like to know if any of you have experience with a card to those specifications. Doesn't have to be very powerful, same as 5870 is fine.

Hd 3000? Hd 4000?

XFX 6870 Dual Fan ZDFC

Been using one since 10.6.x

Needs GraphicsEnabler=Yes in your boot plist.

Top DVI works - connect your 1st monitor here
Use a miniDP to DVI adapter - connect your 2nd and 3rd monitor here

Been using one since 10.6.x

Needs GraphicsEnabler=Yes in your boot plist.

Top DVI works - connect your 1st monitor here
Use a miniDP to DVI adapter - connect your 2nd and 3rd monitor here

Hm. I'm sceptical about adapters. Can't even find a Mini-DP to DVI adapter. (I've got a DVI to Mini-DP) (My ACD 27" mini-dp needs to become a DVI if I want to use that card) Thanks for the info!

If your ACD 27 already uses miniDP, then just connect it directly.

HD-687A-ZDFC-R-unit.jpg

If your ACD 27 already uses miniDP, then just connect it directly.

View attachment 29361

I'd like to do that, but I need to know if the mini-dp ports work in OSX before I buy. On my card only the first three ports are working, for instance. And I've read threads on other cards where DVI/HDMI are working, but not mini-dp.

I'd like to do that, but I need to know if the mini-dp ports work in OSX before I buy.
Dude, I'm using the DVI and the mini-DP outputs on this card. I personally own this card, I'm not spouting hearsay here.

Some people even use this card to drive 3-4 monitors.

Dude, I'm using the DVI and the mini-DP outputs on this card. I personally own this card, I'm not spouting hearsay here.

Some people even use this card to drive 3-4 monitors.

Oh! I apologize. I thought you were only using the DVI. Going to pick it up today then. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back