Graphics
HD630
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Running the Intel 630 graphics,16 GB of DDR4 RAM. my boot drive is a 250 GB sanDisk SSD. On a GA Z170MX-gaming-5 mobo. Everything is running pretty nicely, except that I can not upgrade 10.13.1 using Apple's updater and I can only get 1680 x 1050 resolution on my 1920 x 1080 DVI monitor. I also have not got the audio fixed yet, but I haven't even worked on that, relying right now on a USB DAC. SMBIOS is good with Messages. I went by the book on the bios settings. I Believe I threw out the config.plist that the unibeast installer created and instead let Multi beast create it. Then I used Clover configurator to write the SMBIOS. You should find a copy my config.plist attached to this message.

So my main concerns are being able to upgrade. Right now the upgrader installs for about 20 minutes and then crashes right close to the end of the progress. And now I have a volume in my clover bootloader from the installer that I can't get rid of. And the other problem is getting to the full resolution on my DVI 1080 P monitor. Thanks for taking time to consider this post. You should find a copy my config.plist attached to this message.

Attachments

• 33config copy.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 130
I was finally able to update the OS to the latest version. My solution was to boot my computer from the unibeast installation USB. Then I installed 10.13.6 on my intended boot drive using Apple’s combo updater. With the unibeast usb providing the boot loader everything went smoothly. Using this method you do have to watch the process because your computer will reboot three times during the installation and you need to be ready to select the installation volume each time the clover boot screen appears.

I am still stuck with 1680 x 1050 display resolution though. I wish I had a better monitor with HDMI or Display Port, but right now this DVI 1080p monitor is what I have to work with. I have looked at the boot logs and they are showing that the boot process does look for 1920 x 1050 resolution but it always returns a message that it can’t find 1920 x 1050 so it defaults to the next best resolution, which is 1680 x 1050.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back