Contribute
Register

New Framework Laptop as a potential Hackintosh machine?

Motherboard
framework "main_board"
CPU
i7 1165g7
Graphics
Iris xe
Hi Hackintosh community :) I don't have much experience as I've only 'toshed one lenovo once, But I'm Always interested in the possibilities. Does anyone think the new Framework laptop could be an ideal platform for a hackintosh? https://frame.work/
- seems like it has the right components, also it has seemingly flexible wifi compatibility so is this the perfect repairable replacement for a mac?
Interested to read everyone's thoughts :)

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.6.8
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT710 - 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Hackintosh community :) I don't have much experience as I've only 'toshed one lenovo once, But I'm Always interested in the possibilities. Does anyone think the new Framework laptop could be an ideal platform for a hackintosh? https://frame.work/
- seems like it has the right components, also it has seemingly flexible wifi compatibility so is this the perfect repairable replacement for a mac?
Interested to read everyone's thoughts :)

Assuming your post is not just advertising spam ...

No, not really suitable hardware. No support for 11th gen Intel CPUs, especially the iGPUs.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
No support for 11th gen Intel CPUs, especially the iGPUs.
It would make a good Windows 11 laptop. Quite easy to "skin" it to make it look like macOS Big Sur or Monterey but even then, it's still Windows with all it's many downsides.

Motherboard
framework "main_board"
CPU
i7 1165g7
Graphics
Iris xe
Assuming your post is not just advertising spam ...

No, not really suitable hardware. No support for 11th gen Intel CPUs, especially the iGPUs.
not spam, just a novice lol. And oh I didn't know that about 11th gen. that's a shame it would be amazing to have a really future proof laptop that could be 'toshed.

Motherboard
framework "main_board"
CPU
i7 1165g7
Graphics
Iris xe
It would make a good Windows 11 laptop. Quite easy to "skin" it to make it look like macOS Big Sur or Monterey but even then, it's still Windows with all it's many downsides.
Yeah, no doubt. I already have a t420 tho which I think I could 'tosh (confusingly not "the one lenovo I 'toshed once") so I'll just keep that as long as possible bc the whole point of something like the framework is to preserve the life of laptops. Plus I do really like my t420

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.6.8
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT710 - 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
not spam, just a novice lol. And oh I didn't know that about 11th gen. that's a shame it would be amazing to have a really future proof laptop that could be 'toshed.

No problem. It was just the username you had chosen seemed to point that way. :)