Contribute
Register

New Fan Control DSDT - for silent fan at higher temps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is at 67C in his table (second entry).

There is no such thing as a "missing step". You can decide which steps (fan speeds) to include or not include.

You're right about that, but I'm surprised that the 128 step is excluded from his table. That's the lowest stock fan step for most ProBooks, at least it was the lowest on my ProBook 4330s and it currently is the lowest on my ProBook 4340s. Anything between 255 and 128 is one and the same.

You're right about that, but I'm surprised that the 128 step is excluded from his table. That's the lowest stock fan step for most ProBooks, at least it was the lowest on my ProBook 4330s and it currently is the lowest on my ProBook 4340s. Anything between 255 and 128 is one and the same.

Read carefully. It is not excluded from his table...

From his post, with a bit of cleanup (for readability):
Code:
63, 255, 	// 255 is off (really auto, but at low temp it is off)\n		
[B]67, 128, 	// 128 is slowest speed\n[/B]
69, 82,\n
71, 74,\n
73, 59,\n
75, 49,\n
0xFF, 0 	// last entry must be 0xFF, 0 is max fan speed\n

Read carefully. It is not excluded from his table...

From his post, with a bit of cleanup (for readability):
Code:
63, 255,     // 255 is off (really auto, but at low temp it is off)\n        
[B]67, 128,     // 128 is slowest speed\n[/B]
69, 82,\n
71, 74,\n
73, 59,\n
75, 49,\n
0xFF, 0     // last entry must be 0xFF, 0 is max fan speed\n

I did it:

seNQoz9.png

just forgot to move the slider :lol: My bad.

If I remember right you had your FTAB entries out of order... It must be an ascending sorted list by the "first column" or more technically correct, sorted ascending by the entries with an even index (0-based).

thats odd. I just used the quiet fan from your repo via Maciasl as a guide and just increased the temps. I setup the connection to your repo as instructed in the 'how to patch your DSDT' guide. I have Maciasl pointing to:

http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/master

The below FTAB is what I just copied from Maciasl (connected to your repo)

Code:
		50, 255, 	// 255 is off (really auto, but at low temp it is off)\n
		57, 128, 	// 128 is slowest speed\n
		63, 82,\n
		68, 74,\n
		72, 59,\n
		75, 49,\n
		0xFF, 0 	// last entry must be 0xFF, 0 is max fan speed\n

Either way, my fan problems are no longer plaguing me :)

thats odd. I just used the quiet fan from your repo via Maciasl as a guide and just increased the temps.

As long as you don't make a mistake, that's fine. By mistake, I mean... no duplicate temps, and always increasing temps from beginning to end, and always terminated with 255.

You guys know how to the same thing(faking the temperature) to trick the EC on thinkpads?

You guys know how to the same thing(faking the temperature) to trick the EC on thinkpads?

I don't, but this all started with work done on "tpfancontrol". See links in post #1.

I've already read the initial post and some answers but i didn't get enough informations on the EC on thinkpads. I tried your method to change the temperature on the EC using rweverything but it didnt work out. I've succesfully change the fan level and the cpu temperature via EC but the fan just respond to change of levels but it doesn't respond to change in temperatures. Don't you know where i can get more informations about the EC on thinkpads? I'm trying to raise the fan RPM changing the cpu temperature, do you have any idea on how to do it?
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back