Contribute
Register

New Fan Control DSDT - for silent fan at higher temps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already read the initial post and some answers but i didn't get enough informations on the EC on thinkpads. I tried your method to change the temperature on the EC using rweverything but it didnt work out. I've succesfully change the fan level and the cpu temperature via EC but the fan just respond to change of levels but it doesn't respond to change in temperatures. Don't you know where i can get more informations about the EC on thinkpads? I'm trying to raise the fan RPM changing the cpu temperature, do you have any idea on how to do it?
thanks!

I don't have any Thinkpad computers, so no motivation to look for information. Use google.

I don't have any Thinkpad computers, so no motivation to look for information. Use google.

Already searched on google, almost impossible to get information about it, that's why i am asking in these kinda forums.
thanks tho.

Hi, i just check and on my FakeSMC.kext i don't have the folder plugins which has to have the ACPISensors.kext what can i do?

The current version of PBI-CE does not include the plugins by default. They are inefficient and unnecessary.

All the plugins are now separated in my build of FakeSMC: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek

May i ask. Whats the difference between FakeSMC Plugins from HW Monitor & the ones from your fork? I'm currently using FakeSMC Plugins from HW Monitor which I copied from my desktop.

May i ask. Whats the difference between FakeSMC Plugins from HW Monitor & the ones from your fork? I'm currently using FakeSMC Plugins from HW Monitor which I copied from my desktop.

My fork has fixes and enhancements that I did mostly the Probook series, but some of the fixes apply to all computers.

But mostly I have my own build just because I don't want to run code that someone else built.

Oh i see. Thats cool :thumbup: So i guess it doesn't matter which i use then.

Hey RehabMan! Thanks for your first post, it explains a lot about the hardware and fancontrol stack.

I'm running into this problem: CPU fan speeds show up as GPU speeds (and the number is divided by 100, 19 instead of 1900rpm) and GPU fan speeds are missing. http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/c...sing-fan-control-not-working-properly.200766/

Does this mean I need to edit the DSDT to pass the right node to ACPISensor.kext? Or Edit ACPISensor.kext for my board? Or would an SSDT suffice?

Off-topic here. This thread is only for the HP ProBook laptop.

Sounds like your configuration for ACPISensors/HwMonitor is not correct.

Hi, just new to hackintosh , cant patch fan experimental, where's is it?

My fan always 4000 rpm, I'm getting mad. Help me. Thanks

Hi, just new to hackintosh , cant patch fan experimental, where's is it?

My fan always 4000 rpm, I'm getting mad. Help me. Thanks

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back