Contribute
Register

New Fan Control DSDT - for silent fan at higher temps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
Will someone with the dsdt modification help, so that the fan is not loud? :)
Please ...
My dsdt is different.

Attachments

• dsdt server.aml
    134.2 KB · Views: 172
Hello.
Will someone with the dsdt modification help, so that the fan is not loud? :)
Please ...
My dsdt is different.

Off-topic.
This thread is specific to the ProBook/EliteBook laptops (in fact, the entire forum is... note forum title "HP ProBook").

I did not find a forum stricte about HP Prodesk / elitedesk so I wrote here.
Can not you help me?

I did not find a forum stricte about HP Prodesk / elitedesk so I wrote here.
Can not you help me?

Desktop questions should be asked in the appropriate desktop forum.

Dear @RehabMan . Hieplvip (aka baohiep) is using your old ACPI-Poller kext which you developed "to better control the system fan on HP 4x30s ProBook laptops" in his releases for the current Asus Zenbook notebooks. Now saintno1997 (aka tctien342) has also included that kext in his current pre-release for the Asus Vivobook S15 series. Specs see my sig and on the left.

I am now inquiring on behalf of all of us Asus Vivobook hackintoshers if this kext makes any sense for our Laptops - if it can have any positive effect on fan noise at all. My assertion is: no (unless Hieplvip/ baohiep gained some insights he doesn't share).

I guess you don't need any PR files to answer because it is so general.

Thank you in advance.

Dear @RehabMan . Hieplvip (aka baohiep) is using your old ACPI-Poller kext which you developed "to better control the system fan on HP 4x30s ProBook laptops" in his releases for the current Asus Zenbook notebooks. Now saintno1997 (aka tctien342) has also included that kext in his current pre-release for the Asus Vivobook S15 series. Specs see my sig and on the left.

I am now inquiring on behalf of all of us Asus Vivobook hackintoshers if this kext makes any sense for our Laptops - if it can have any positive effect on fan noise at all. My assertion is: no (unless Hieplvip/ baohiep gained some insights he doesn't share).

I guess you don't need any PR files to answer because it is so general.

Thank you in advance.

With correct ACPI patches to utilize it, ACPIPoller.kext can be useful for many situations, different hardware.

With correct ACPI patches to utilize it, ACPIPoller.kext can be useful for many situations, different hardware.
Thank you. Obviously the learning never ends :)

Is there any particular guide(s) which you'd suggest to follow through for our Asus notebooks? The one you feature in your head post seems explicitly for HP notebook DSDTs/ SSDTs

Is there any particular guide(s) which you'd suggest to follow through for our Asus notebooks?

If you're asking about fan control customization, you'll need to reverse engineer the related ACPI code.

If you're asking about fan control customization, you'll need to reverse engineer the related ACPI code.
oh ok. I'd be surprised if that was within saintno1997/ tctien342 or Hieplvip/ baohiep's range. Unless you guided Hieplvip through the procedure back then when he added ACPI-Poller.kext to his Zenbook repo.

I'll pass your info on along with the notion that the kext best not be included in the release due to lacking related ACPI code. I guess all it would do is slow down the boot process??

Unless you guided Hieplvip through the procedure back then when he added ACPI-Poller.kext to his Zenbook repo.

No idea.

I'll pass your info on along with the notion that the kext best not be included in the release due to lacking related ACPI code.

Probably it is being used. Easy to check for FCPU in ACPI add-ons/patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back