Contribute
Register

New Fan Control DSDT - for silent fan at higher temps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Rehabman.

Is there a thread that introduce how to accomplish the Fan Speed Reading? (I have try to search it, but I can't find a suited one.)

Hi, Rehabman.

Is there a thread that introduce how to accomplish the Fan Speed Reading? (I have try to search it, but I can't find a suited one.)

Not that I know of... Basically you need to determine where the fan speeds can be read from. Educated guesses reading DSDT code can help. And sometimes you find clues in PTID device (usually in one of the SSDTs).

Not that I know of... Basically you need to determine where the fan speeds can be read from. Educated guesses reading DSDT code can help. And sometimes you find clues in PTID device (usually in one of the SSDTs).

Well, thanks. :) I'll have a try.
:)

I've been testing your silent temps FTAB from your github (via maciasl DSDT compile method) and I believe in that template the max fan speed kicks in at 75C.

Hi RM.

So after lots of hardware replacing and fresh installs I have discovered why my fan was kicking in at 100% randomly.

It seems that there is a difference in the 04b_FanQuietMod.txt that is in the PBI (non-clover) vs the one in your repository (via MaciASL).

I unpacked the PBI and did a code compare of both 04b_FanQuietMod.txt and there were some extra lines of code in the online repository version.

I was using MaciASL to enter a custom temp table using the repository version as a template. When I do this, I get the random increases in temp.

Using the PBI 04b_FanQuietMod.txt with my custom temp table, doesnt do it.

So finally after months of going crazy, things are all good!!! :headbang:

It seems that there is a difference in the 04b_FanQuietMod.txt that is in the PBI (non-clover) vs the one in your repository (via MaciASL).

The PBI does not have that patch it in. It has 04b_FanQuiet.txt.

It can use for 4540s ?? tks

That thing happens again. At 50 degrees, instead of turning the fan off, it raises the fan speed at 3xxx rpm. I've double checked everything, recreated my DSDT several times and made several EC resets, but nothing has changed so far. BIOS F50 and the quiet fan patch (04b_FanQuiet.txt), happens only on battery charging and there is no such issue only on battery or without battery (power cord only).

I'm pretty sure that the new BIOS version has something to do with that, there wasn't such behavior with the old one, unfortunately I can't revert it back, the HP UEFI flasher, started from the flash drive doesn't allow it.

That thing happens again. At 50 degrees, instead of turning the fan off, it raises the fan speed at 3xxx rpm. I've double checked everything, recreated my DSDT several times and made several EC resets, but nothing has changed so far. BIOS F50 and the quiet fan patch (04b_FanQuiet.txt), happens only on battery charging and there is no such issue only on battery or without battery (power cord only).

I'm pretty sure that the new BIOS version has something to do with that, there wasn't such behavior with the old one, unfortunately I can't revert it back, the HP UEFI flasher, started from the flash drive doesn't allow it.

What is your BIOS setting for fan on AC.?

Note: The fan patch I use never turns the fan off. I'd rather have the fan run slow most of the time than have it turning on/of..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back