Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
facebookfail.jpeg

OK- so you have a "fan" page on FaceBook- say you're an independent musician or artist. You may have noticed that the links you've been posting don't go to everyone anymore- only about 20-40%.

Facebook has added a "promote" feature that costs the fan page money to get to the people that signed up to be notified when stuff is posted on that page. The cost ranges from $5 and up to reach another 10% of your own fans. Because of corporate fan pages like Kelloggs Frosted Flakes, and Facebook's new monetization scheme, tons of people have lost total access to their fans.

The other thing is, that they didn't tell anyone about it- they just made the change. This means that people who want to know about things you're posting simply don't get the info. Huge problem in my book. I just learned about this the other day, and it baffles me. What do you think about this?

Source: http://www.northwestmusicscene.com/2012 ... ge-admins/

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly my case. Well...simply i'll use my personal page like it were the "official page". Or, better, i'll create a new personal page for that. So..bye bye to unbridled capitalism.

LOL here's this post- and an example of the Promote feature- they're trying to get me to pay them to promote this story...

:crazy: :lol: :lolno:

facebookfail2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no shame on their faces

No change in Germany YET. I completly moved to Google+ at last.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game"

I'm not trying to be a smartass but It's true

DimanZee91 said:
"Don't hate the player, hate the game"

I'm not trying to be a smartass but It's true

True- but think of all of the artists that have set up their facebook page to be the single most important link to their fans. This is absolutely a gamechanger.

Newsfeed ranking hasn't changed at all. This has always been the case that Page posts have not reached 100% of Likers by default. It's a simple case of limited supply on the side of space in a person's newsfeed. If a person does want to see more of a Page's updates, they can do so by clicking on the drop down in the corner of a story and selecting "All Updates".

Again, this hasn't changed at all. The only new bit is the Promote feature to pay to reach more people that have "Most Updates" set. Running the site isn't free so some attempts to monetize should be reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back