Contribute
Register

New El Capitan install on laptop - Killer 1103 AR9380 - No networks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys, I'm fairly new to the scene. I've successfully installed Unibeast and Multicast on to my MainGear Nomad 17.
The only problem I am facing is that my killer 1103 wireless card (AR9380) is recognized but cannot see any networks. According to everything I've read it should be natively support, right?

In network settings, the wifi device is orange but the only option is to join other network. I've tried manually typing in the name of the network, but it can't find it.

I've been able to install the voodoops2 kext to get my keyboard running, so I know how to install kexts with kextbeast, but anything else might require a link or some explaining.
I'd really appreciate your help so I can family get coding with Corona SDK!

Hello guys, I'm fairly new to the scene. I've successfully installed Unibeast and Multicast on to my MainGear Nomad 17.
The only problem I am facing is that my killer 1103 wireless card (AR9380) is recognized but cannot see any networks. According to everything I've read it should be natively support, right?

In network settings, the wifi device is orange but the only option is to join other network. I've tried manually typing in the name of the network, but it can't find it.

I've been able to install the voodoops2 kext to get my keyboard running, so I know how to install kexts with kextbeast, but anything else might require a link or some explaining.
I'd really appreciate your help so I can family get coding with Corona SDK!

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

WiFi is covered in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

If you have the WiFi drivers loading but see no networks, perhaps your radio is not turned on. If your laptop has a button/key for it, use it. Otherwise it could be ACPI patching issue (see FAQ for link).

You may also need to tape pin 20.

Hello, thank you for the reply.

I've taped pin 20 to no avail, and there is no switch on my laptop for wifi.

The device just repeatedly scans for networks and finds none. I've reviewed the link you gave me and ultimately came to :

Airport working OOB on Mavericks/Yosemite with Broadcom BCM94360 and Atheros AR9280 and AR9380.

As for a patching issue, I am not entirely certain where to even check in to that after reading the link.

If it SHOULD be working OOB, where does one go in my situation?

I also found this link which is disconcerting : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/106855-wlan-killer-wireless-n-1202-2x2.html ... he says Killer simply doesn't work on OSX.

Hello, thank you for the reply.

I've taped pin 20 to no avail, and there is no switch on my laptop for wifi.

The device just repeatedly scans for networks and finds none. I've reviewed the link you gave me and ultimately came to :

As for a patching issue, I am not entirely certain where to even check in to that after reading the link.

If it SHOULD be working OOB, where does one go in my situation?

I also found this link which is disconcerting : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/106855-wlan-killer-wireless-n-1202-2x2.html ... he says Killer simply doesn't work on OSX.

If I remember correctly, AR9380 does not work in the half-mini... only full size (I don't know why).

Best to replace with recommended hardware in the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back