Contribute
Register

New EDID generator, help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
ProBook-2:~ doncarlos$ ioreg -n AppleBacklightDisplay -rxw0 | grep IODisplayConnectFlags
"IODisplayConnectFlags" = <00080000>

The output is the same no matter if i connect a 2nd display with VGA or not.

I dont see how this will help since we all are getting the same output, but ok :)

Ok, how about only ioreg -n AppleBacklightDisplay -rxw0 or ioreg -n AppleDisplay -rxw0​?

1st one didnt work or no response. just a new line

2nd one threw back a wall of text. heres an extract

"IOClass" = "AppleDisplay"
"CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily"
"IOProviderClass" = "IODisplayConnect"

"IODisplayConnectFlags" = <00000000>

1st one didnt work or no response. just a new line

2nd one threw back a wall of text. heres an extract

"IOClass" = "AppleDisplay"
"CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily"
"IOProviderClass" = "IODisplayConnect"

"IODisplayConnectFlags" = <00000000>

This is an external display, right? Because it doesn't look like an internal one. I tested maybe three or four LCD TVs connected to the HDMI port and all of them had "IODisplayConnectFlags" = <00000000>. But there's a question - since you don't have AppleBacklightDisplay in your IO register, where's your internal display?

This is an external display, right? Because it doesn't look like an internal one. I tested maybe three or four LCD TVs connected to the HDMI port and all of them had "IODisplayConnectFlags" = <00000000>. But there's a question - since you don't have AppleBacklightDisplay in your IO register, where's your internal display?

yeh its ext display, running it in 'clamshell' mode as they call it, so i guess the internal display turns off according to normal system usage.

does this affect your edid goal? can test it later without ext display.

yeh its ext display, running it in 'clamshell' mode as they call it, so i guess the internal display turns off according to normal system usage.

does this affect your edid goal? can test it later without ext display.

The goal of this test is to see if all of us got the same result for the internal display, because it seems this IODisplayConnectFlags registry key is the only real difference between the internal display and the external displays and this is how it going to be identified by the new EDID generator, which btw is ready, actually it was ready in the same day I started this thread, but I think I have enough answers to start phase 2 of this test - testing the new script.

Ok, guys, time for round 2. Here's the new script, but for this testing stage I'll need people with an external displays connected at the HDMI port (not VGA, it's pointless, since right after the first boot with the help of the Unibeast stick, this port is not working) and the test should be done like this:

1. Install OS X (no matter Lion or ML) in your second partition, if you have such.
2. Make the first boot with the UniBeast flash drive and with the external display connected. Do not run the ProBook Installer!!!
3. Run the script like this: sudo bash -x /path/to/newedid.sh > ~/result.txt.
4. Post the content of ~/result.txt in this thread.

By default, the EDID file and its folder will be generated on your desktop, but this is only for the purpose of this test, the version, which will be included in the Installer, will generate them where they should be (/System/Library/Displays/Overrides).

Edit: 3. Run the script like this: sudo bash -x /path/to/newedid.sh, select all the content in Terminal with Alt+A, copy it with Alt+C in an emtpy text file and save it somewhere as result.txt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back