Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> New config file has very slow boot time, and rainbow colored text in verbose mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 UD AX
CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I had been updating my config file over the course of many years and many different builds, and so I decided to make a brand new config file since the old one was causing alot of problems. The new one works and solved many of the issues I was having, but it did 2 things. One, now my -v boot up shows A TON more text than before, which makes it take like 50 seconds to boot in, and secondly, the -v boot text is all color coded (ie a block of text will be magenta, followed by some lines of text that are teal, then magenta, and other colors etc). The colored text isnt an issue, but more so to give a clue as to what is going on which may be related to why its so slow to boot.

Using mojave 10.14.3, 8700k, rx 580, WEG, LILU, idplatform for headless, csm disabled, intel injection true.

verbose mode colorful, colored, rainbow text

Last edited:
SOLVED: When I made a new config, the generated config automatically added a boot flag named "kextlog" or something like that. It was causing both the colored verbose mode, and the slow bootup. Ill leave the thread up in case others have this issue since I couldnt find previous threads discussing it.

SOLVED: When I made a new config, the generated config automatically added a boot flag named "kextlog" or something like that. It was causing both the colored verbose mode, and the slow bootup. Ill leave the thread up in case others have this issue since I couldnt find previous threads discussing it.

If you hit the space bar once at clover boot screen it is the last option called debug Kexts. It can be helpful if you are having boot issues that may be kext related. It goes slower and the colored script is easier to see than the white only in verbose mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back