Contribute
Register

New Clover Release v5.1 r5123/4/5/6/7 - Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did everything what Tony said in this thread except vitualSmc kext swapping. But if you already uses VirtualSmc, you are ok with it. Just add Quirk options and swap your Aptiomemoryfix files to OCquirk and OpenRuntime. V5123-5124 didn't work by memory panic but V5125 are working.
Thanks a lot for the reply, my friend! I will give 5125 a shot!

Check the BIOS settings..... and be sure you have the SSDT files in the folder ACPI patched, you can check my config.plist and compare.

View attachment 491792
Ok, I managed to boot 5125 with the settings and kexts you used. I do have a problem though, when I click shutdown it will restart. Cant shut the machine down? Can you help? Thanks

Ok, I managed to boot 5125 with the settings and kexts you used. I do have a problem though, when I click shutdown it will restart. Cant shut the machine down? Can you help? Thanks

This is due to your Z390 mobo chipset, you need to add EmuVariableUefi.efi (below attached) into EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI and add the boot arg slide=0 in the boot section in Clover configurator.

Attachments

• EmuVariableUefi.efi
    19 KB · Views: 101
This is due to your Z390 mobo chipset, you need to add EmuVariableUefi.efi (below attached) into EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI and add the boot arg slide=0 in the boot section in Clover configurator.
Slide=0 is pretty old - as well as using EmuVariableUefi
You can get native NVRAM using this SSDT: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-PMC.dsl. This is from the OC repo, but should work with Clover still. This gets rid of the need for EmuVariableUefi and logout hooks.
For Slide=0, it's probably better to use OpenRuntime's ProvideCustomSlide+SafeModeSlide quirks as that will calculate the proper slide value at boot time in order to fit as memory maps can change between boots.

Edit: This also allows some of the security of slide being randomized to be kept as well, though not as good as all slide values being good and boot.efi calculating a random one.

Slide=0 is pretty old - as well as using EmuVariableUefi
You can get native NVRAM using this SSDT: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-PMC.dsl. This is from the OC repo, but should work with Clover still. This gets rid of the need for EmuVariableUefi and logout hooks.
For Slide=0, it's probably better to use OpenRuntime's ProvideCustomSlide+SafeModeSlide quirks as that will calculate the proper slide value at boot time in order to fit as memory maps can change between boots.

Edit: This also allows some of the security of slide being randomized to be kept as well, though not as good as all slide values being good and boot.efi calculating a random one.
Done, done and done! Thank you very much. Worked really well. Now it reboots, shutdown and sleeps. With native NVRAM! Just the ticket.

I did try this before hand but it was doing the same thing. Thanks for the help though :)

I did try this before hand but it was doing the same thing. Thanks for the help though :)

No problem.... but you have not used exactly what i used in my post #97 you missed the ACPI Patches. That missed patches caused the Shutdown=Reboot

Last edited:
No problem.... but you have not used exactly what i used in my post #97 you missed the ACPI Patches. That missed patches caused the Shutdown=Reboot
Oh I see! I just noticed that SSDT-PMC is there. I thought that those patches were hack specific and needed to be patched for your specific hack. I assume some of them are.

Oh I see! I just noticed that SSDT-PMC is there. I thought that those patches were hack specific and needed to be patched for your specific hack. I assume some of them are.

Those patches are GENERIC my friend (for Coffee Lake and other CPU's) and must be included in your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder for a correct functionality of the new Clover 5125 version (now mixed with OC), that's why i have them attached in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back