Contribute
Register

New Clover Release v5.1 r5123/4/5/6/7 - Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for reply.

I've tried VirtualSMC and removed all FakeSMC(Plugin kexts as well) but the same problem.
I will see what may I have missed. I will let you guys soon.

yes they are chipset dependant, and going by your hardware profile.... oh wait.....

View attachment 491730
Lol, very funny. I'm not asking for help installing macos on any specific hardware and don't want anyone to touch my config.plists, i'm trying to figure out the logic behind the quirks section - it's 2 completely different things.

I had the same issue (Kernel Panic) it was caused by FakeSMC.kext and the its kext plugins.
remove all the FakeSMC kexts and replace them for VirtualSMC and its plugins.
Ok so I did your recommendation to remove all related FakeSMC files and replace to VirtualSMC and its plugins. But it shows me the same panic. It all works fine with 5122. But not from 5133...and I want to be ready for BigSur. Please help.

Anyone update to R5124? I did and cannot boot to Big Sur put can in Catalina. R5123 I can Boot both?

Ok so I did your recommendation to remove all related FakeSMC files and replace to VirtualSMC and its plugins. But it shows me the same panic. It all works fine with 5122. But not from 5133...and I want to be ready for BigSur. Please help.

Please refer the below screenshots of what i have in UEFI Drivers, Kexts, APCI Patches and Quirks in Clover configurator. I also have attached my config.plist for your convenience, i can see you have a CoffeLake CPU similar to the one that i have so my config.plist and my EFI Clover files can help you.

Screenshot at Oct 14 18-29-43.png
Screenshot at Oct 18 17-50-19.png
Screenshot at Oct 18 17-49-00.png
Screenshot at Oct 14 18-33-03.png

UPDATE: This also works with Clover 5125!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot at Oct 14 18-30-16.png
    Screenshot at Oct 14 18-30-16.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 458
  • config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 216
  • SSDT-AWAC.aml
    73 bytes · Views: 168
  • SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
    6.4 KB · Views: 141
  • SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml
    693 bytes · Views: 149
  • SSDT-PMC.aml
    414 bytes · Views: 150
Last edited:
I have done everything as required and still cant get it to boot. I get to the clover menu and can change options and select other drives. As soon as I click the MacOS drive it freezes on the picker screen. What am I doing wrong?

I have done everything as required and still cant get it to boot. I get to the clover menu and can change options and select other drives. As soon as I click the MacOS drive it freezes on the picker screen. What am I doing wrong?

Check the BIOS settings..... and be sure you have the SSDT files in the folder ACPI patched, you can check my config.plist and compare.

Screenshot at Oct 14 20-22-45.png

I have 3 pcs

One based on x79 chipset, one on x299 and one on z77
I have not been able to get them to boot with any new version of clover.
In the Quirks section I don't know what to check for each platform.

I have tried with virtualsmc and delete fakesmc, also to delete datahubdxe.efi and copy openruntime.efi

Does anyone know how to configure correctly to continue using clover in Catalina and in the future Big Sur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back