Contribute
Register

New Clover Release v5.1 r5123/4/5/6/7 - Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not see any OCQuirk option in CC.

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 11.42.11.png

Thanks P1lgrim, I installed OCQuirks and removed the OsAptioFix3Drv and I was unable to boot up Mojave or Big Sur Public Beta 5 (screenshots for each OS boot up attempt respectively).

Attachments

• DSCN6284.JPG
    DSCN6284.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 154
  • DSCN6285.JPG
    DSCN6285.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 142
Thanks P1lgrim, I installed OCQuirks and removed the OsAptioFix3Drv and I was unable to boot up Mojave or Big Sur Public Beta 5 (screenshots for each OS boot up attempt respectively).
Memory panic. Use the latest clover. And find any other memory related drivers from your old EFI. My Catalina 10.15.7 is working fine with old EFI with the latest clover. Read Tony's guide and follow it. That's the only I did it so far.

Memory panic. Use the latest clover. And find any other memory related drivers from your old EFI. My Catalina 10.15.7 is working fine with old EFI with the latest clover. Read Tony's guide and follow it. That's the only I did it so far.
Hi BuyJoey, you were right. I had kept on using the Aptio mem fix instead of OpenRunTime with the latest Clover and it worked for Big Sur Public Beta 5 but not 6, but when I installed OCQuirks it would not work without ORT so I replaced Aptio with ORT and it worked. I assumed that step wasn't necessary before as I got away with it. Cheers.

Those patches are GENERIC my friend (for Coffee Lake and other CPU's) and must be included in your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder for a correct functionality of the new Clover 5125 version (now mixed with OC), that's why i have them attached in the post.
Just a quick question. Yesterday I installed Big Sur 11.01 just to try it out and it worked really well. The only thing that does not work is USB 3.0, I cant get it to work even by using Hackintool to create an SSDT. USB 2.0 works though.
Does this have anything to do with the patched SSDT files I downloaded from your post?

Thanks

Update: Nevermind, I fixed it. Something must have gone wrong during the update. Reinstalled from the backup and updated again and it worked fine. Thanks again

Last edited:
Admittedly, I was a bit nervous moving to Clover 5123+. Finally tried it yesterday, and to my surprise, it went very smoothly:
- Installed openruntime.efi driver
- Configured quirks for my CPU (Skylake)
- Upgrade to Clover 5126

That was it. All three steps were done using Clover Configurator. Everything working well.

Admittedly, I was a bit nervous moving to Clover 5123+. Finally tried it yesterday, and to my surprise, it went very smoothly:
- Installed openruntime.efi driver
- Configured quirks for my CPU (Skylake)
- Upgrade to Clover 5126

That was it. All three steps were done using Clover Configurator. Everything working wellnicer
nice how you configured quirks. can you upload you EFI ? :)

Thanks, I transitioned to OC after having problems with booting with Clovek v5225, using the Dortania guide. As I am a pretty big noob regarding this, i was pleasantly surprised by the guidance and explanations. Did the guide step by step, prepared a new USB stick with the EFI, copied my SMBioS data and voila, I was able to boot. I quickly corrected my sound (using the handy audio guide), did nothing about USB port mapping etc and I am up and running. The only problem to solve for me is the inability to activate the OC GUI at start. Besides that, everything works, sleep, BR/WIFI, imessage, airdrop...Oh, and I did not have to do a clean install, just used my previous vanilla clover macOS 10.15.7
Hi, I'm considering to make the switch as well but I happened to set CustomUUID when was creating my SMBIOS for Mojave and it came to the latest Catalina with me. OC does not support it. Did you have CustomUUID? If so, dropping it with OC, any issues with iServices such as iMessage and others?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back