Graphics
Radeon W5700
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey buyJoey,

Can you provide a quick workaround about your update process? I am struggling to make my Hackintosh to work with clover 5125.
Well, I did everything what Tony said in this thread except vitualSmc kext swapping. But if you already uses VirtualSmc, you are ok with it. Just add Quirk options and swap your Aptiomemoryfix files to OCquirk and OpenRuntime. V5123-5124 didn't work by memory panic but V5125 are working.

Motherboard
GA-P67x-UD3-B3
CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Well, I did everything what Tony said in this thread except vitualSmc kext swapping. But if you already uses VirtualSmc, you are ok with it. Just add Quirk options and swap your Aptiomemoryfix files to OCquirk and OpenRuntime. V5123-5124 didn't work by memory panic but V5125 are working.
Thanks a lot for the reply, my friend! I will give 5125 a shot!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Check the BIOS settings..... and be sure you have the SSDT files in the folder ACPI patched, you can check my config.plist and compare.

View attachment 491792
Ok, I managed to boot 5125 with the settings and kexts you used. I do have a problem though, when I click shutdown it will restart. Cant shut the machine down? Can you help? Thanks

Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
i9-7960X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@mysterevince, can you share your EFI? (I have the same mobo)

Motherboard
AsRock H310CM
CPU
i3-8100K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, I managed to boot 5125 with the settings and kexts you used. I do have a problem though, when I click shutdown it will restart. Cant shut the machine down? Can you help? Thanks

This is due to your Z390 mobo chipset, you need to add EmuVariableUefi.efi (below attached) into EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI and add the boot arg slide=0 in the boot section in Clover configurator.

Attachments

• EmuVariableUefi.efi
    19 KB · Views: 22
Motherboard
Dell Precision M4700
CPU
i7-3740QM
Graphics
M4000
This is due to your Z390 mobo chipset, you need to add EmuVariableUefi.efi (below attached) into EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI and add the boot arg slide=0 in the boot section in Clover configurator.
Slide=0 is pretty old - as well as using EmuVariableUefi
You can get native NVRAM using this SSDT: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-PMC.dsl. This is from the OC repo, but should work with Clover still. This gets rid of the need for EmuVariableUefi and logout hooks.
For Slide=0, it's probably better to use OpenRuntime's ProvideCustomSlide+SafeModeSlide quirks as that will calculate the proper slide value at boot time in order to fit as memory maps can change between boots.

Edit: This also allows some of the security of slide being randomized to be kept as well, though not as good as all slide values being good and boot.efi calculating a random one.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Slide=0 is pretty old - as well as using EmuVariableUefi
You can get native NVRAM using this SSDT: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-PMC.dsl. This is from the OC repo, but should work with Clover still. This gets rid of the need for EmuVariableUefi and logout hooks.
For Slide=0, it's probably better to use OpenRuntime's ProvideCustomSlide+SafeModeSlide quirks as that will calculate the proper slide value at boot time in order to fit as memory maps can change between boots.

Edit: This also allows some of the security of slide being randomized to be kept as well, though not as good as all slide values being good and boot.efi calculating a random one.
Done, done and done! Thank you very much. Worked really well. Now it reboots, shutdown and sleeps. With native NVRAM! Just the ticket.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did try this before hand but it was doing the same thing. Thanks for the help though :)

Motherboard
AsRock H310CM
CPU
i3-8100K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did try this before hand but it was doing the same thing. Thanks for the help though :)

No problem.... but you have not used exactly what i used in my post #97 you missed the ACPI Patches. That missed patches caused the Shutdown=Reboot

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No problem.... but you have not used exactly what i used in my post #97 you missed the ACPI Patches. That missed patches caused the Shutdown=Reboot
Oh I see! I just noticed that SSDT-PMC is there. I thought that those patches were hack specific and needed to be patched for your specific hack. I assume some of them are.