Contribute
Register

New Clover Release v5.1 r5123/4/5/6/7 - Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn’t anybody realised r5123 is marked as ‘pre-release’?

how do I edit config.plist from r5122 correctly to run r5123?

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.2 KB · Views: 227
Works beautifully for me! (Gotta update my processor name again)
Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 11.54.40 PM.png

Last edited:
Hasn’t anybody realised r5123 is marked as ‘pre-release’?

Yes this is a pre-release- no need to update unless you are experimenting, or want to try and load Big Sur Beta.

Seems odd to try and use two bootloader's together. Hopefully, Clover does their own thing.

Could you please share your config.plist? :)
Hope this helps! (I've let SIP disabled, haven't booted with it enabled yet, not sure if that matters in this case)

Edit: Can't boot with SIP enabled

Edit2: This is the most stable build I have had, with the 2nd best boot time, all features working, no lag, and only one bug: Mac App Store doesn’t seem to want to download anything. My previous opencore setup had faster boot time, but was much much less stable than this. Neither were fresh installs, both were updates. Very happy with this Big Sur hackintosh with clover !!

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.1 KB · Views: 475
Last edited:
I have a question that we just need to modify our config file to update to big sur beta?

My drive wasn’t salvageable from when I did my last successful install. Can’t initialize on my MacBook... had to wipe. Now I’m considering just buying a Mac Mini because I had so much on that Hack that I can’t really afford to go without now. This is the first time I’ve had a Clover update just fail.
Huh? The worst that can normally happen is that your EFI partition is borked. Not sure how you've managed to kill your drive. Anyway keeping EFI backup on a usb (so that at worst you can boot from this usb) is the minimum you could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back