Contribute
Register

New Clover Release v5.1 r5123/4/5/6/7 - Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works beautifully for me! (Gotta update my processor name again)View attachment 490739
Hello Flynnwinch, I have got the same system spec as you. Have you found something noticeable during the update or now during the operation? Whatever interesting info will be appreciated prior my MacOS upgrade. Thanks

Anyone with a Skylake proc ?

I've had not been able to get any version of Clover v5.1 r5123 + to work with Big Sur and switched over to OpenCore and followed the OpenCore guide to all the relevant steps to my setup without any problems with Catalina & upgrade to Big Sur.

I would recommend people if having no luck with Clover with Big Sur to try out OpenCore and create a USB boot before using it on OS boot drive.

Currently on 5119. Any version above, when I try to install, it says that the new downloaded version, "This package is incompatibile with this version of macOS: Install anyway or quit?" Should I just click "install anyway"? Running 10.15.7. All kexts updated, etc. Thanks.

Just changed the quirks settings. On Clover 5119. Rebooted and then was going to install the new Clover version. However, after rebooting, right before the macOS system would start up, I get a blank screen (after the Apple progress bar goes to full). Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: In verbose mode, everything seems to load, and then it also goes to black screen in verbose mode at the end of booting up.

I have a question that we just need to modify our config file to update to big sur beta?
did you update? I'd like know what you did, I'm thinking to do the same..

able to enter big sur installer via this efi and it copies the install files
however after reboot
trying to complete the install (via either data-preeboot or install big sur voluimes) I get stuck on this screen.

This efi is being used to run catalina with no issues.
Were you able to figure this out with Clover? I was hoping to get this running without going to OC just yet.

Clover 5127 is out

I have done all how in initial guide but when Big Sur tell me that it is ready for installation after restart Mac OS X return normally in Catalina

Attachments

• Restart.jpg
    Restart.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 69
  • Ready.jpg
    Ready.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back