Contribute
Register

New Clover Release v5.1 r5123/4/5/6/7 - Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to this page Fixing Resolution on Dortania Install Guide.
Tried everything in that guide, the problem seems to be with the inability of the display to render above a certain resolution threshold. When I enabled HiDPI, the icons were even bigger, clipping the majority of the options off the screen. So, I'm thinking of getting low res icons somewhere to remedy this problem, because I cannot get the resolution to scale appropriately

Do we need to use the ACPI settings in the sample config.plist to be able to boot up BS Public Beta 6 with Clover 5125?

Do we need to use the ACPI settings in the sample config.plist to be able to boot up BS Public Beta 6 with Clover 5125?
and the quirks

and the quirks
Thanks, yah I pasted in the Quirks only the first time, Clover 5123-5125 booted up BS Beta 5 but not Beta 6. When you say add ACPI do you mean literally paste it all in in the relevant places in ACPI in addition to the existing config.plist content there or to replace that content? I had a number of pre-existing DSDT patches in there. I combined the two and when booting up Mojave I got DSDT errors at the ACPI step, where it could not find the file or load the table.

Well, I did everything what Tony said in this thread except vitualSmc kext swapping. But if you already uses VirtualSmc, you are ok with it. Just add Quirk options and swap your Aptiomemoryfix files to OCquirk and OpenRuntime. V5123-5124 didn't work by memory panic but V5125 are working.
Where do I download 'OCquirk'? I have 'OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi' the latest version of the memory fix.

Where do I download 'OCquirk'? I have 'OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi' the latest version of the memory fix.
you will have to read up the documentation to see what is required with your hardware

although you may be better off going direct to OpenCore than to use a mashup of clover and opencore

able to enter big sur installer via this efi and it copies the install files
however after reboot
trying to complete the install (via either data-preeboot or install big sur voluimes) I get stuck on this screen.

This efi is being used to run catalina with no issues.

Attachments

• efi.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 114
  • 20201027_131623.jpg
    20201027_131623.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 72
able to enter big sur installer via this efi and it copies the install files
however after reboot
trying to complete the install (via either data-preeboot or install big sur voluimes) I get stuck on this screen.

This efi is being used to run catalina with no issues.
What bootloader and what version? This shows an older version of Clover, and I do know that OpenRuntime.efi had to be updated to boot Big Sur. You aren't going to be able to boot BS properly without either using OpenCore or one of the latest version of Clover which combine OC into it (though I would not recommend using that at all)

Use Clover Configurator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back