Contribute
Register

New Clover Release v5.1 r5123/4/5/6/7 - Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those patches are GENERIC my friend (for Coffee Lake and other CPU's) and must be included in your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder for a correct functionality of the new Clover 5125 version (now mixed with OC), that's why i have them attached in the post.
Got ya, done and its booting just fine. Thank you

Interesting to read through this thread, and at the risk of being flamed by some, I must ask why persist with Clover, when it has now become a hybridised boot loader dependant on OpenCore to boot Big Sur? Why not take the time to follow the clear and concise guides on OpenCore’s site (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/), and build yourself a USB based OpenCore booter to test and tune your config. It might seem daunting to start with, as can be the case with things that are new / different, but the payoff is worth it - native NVRAM, Sleep and Wake, and a myriad of other benefits, along with significantly faster boot times. For those of you with multi boot systems, the guide covers that too. I’ve now got 3 systems on OpenCore, 2 as fresh builds, and 1 migrated from Clover 5108 when it started playing up the other week. Never look back. Peace ✌

Interesting to read through this thread, and at the risk of being flamed by some, I must ask why persist with Clover, when it has now become a hybridised boot loader dependant on OpenCore to boot Big Sur? Why not take the time to follow the clear and concise guides on OpenCore’s site (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/), and build yourself a USB based OpenCore booter to test and tune your config. It might seem daunting to start with, as can be the case with things that are new / different, but the payoff is worth it - native NVRAM, Sleep and Wake, and a myriad of other benefits, along with significantly faster boot times. For those of you with multi boot systems, the guide covers that too. I’ve now got 3 systems on OpenCore, 2 as fresh builds, and 1 migrated from Clover 5108 when it started playing up the other week. Never look back. Peace ✌
It would be the better option than trying a hybrid bootloader :)

Hi guys!
I ask for your help.
When I using Clover r5122, all equipment works.
Sleep, reboot, Imessage, apple tv, etc. are working.
When upgrading to r5125, I can't boot into the operating system. I tried all the aforementioned tips, it didn't help me, but I'm not very experienced.
Guys who have similar components, maybe someone has already solved this problem. Please help and share the EFI folder with me.
Hackintosh components:
Gigabyte Z 390M
Intel Core i3-9100F
Be Quiet Shadow Rock LP [BK002]
Crucial Ballistix Black 16Gb DDR4 2666MHz
AMD Radeon RX 570 Sapphire Pulse PCI-E 8192Mb
Broadcom BCM94360CS2 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
120 Gb SSD Samsung 850 EVO
1Tb SSD Samsung 860 QVO
GameMax RGB Ready VP-700-RGB 700W
I use a dual boot, Catalina, and Windows 10.
In the attachment my EFI folder.
I am sorry for my English, I'm from Russia.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.5 MB · Views: 151

That is my same thinking..... but the guys with multi boot systems insist that Clover is better :banghead:
I told in this thread (couple of pages before) that now is more easy and simple to configure OC following Dortania's Guide than configure this new Clover. I really appreciate the work of Clover Devs but now it is a disaster.

That is my same thinking..... but the guys with multi boot systems insist that Clover is better :banghead:
I told in this thread (couple of pages before) that now is more easy and simple to configure OC following Dortania's Guide than configure this new Clover. I really appreciate the work of Clover Devs but now it is a disaster.
Thanks, I transitioned to OC after having problems with booting with Clovek v5225, using the Dortania guide. As I am a pretty big noob regarding this, i was pleasantly surprised by the guidance and explanations. Did the guide step by step, prepared a new USB stick with the EFI, copied my SMBioS data and voila, I was able to boot. I quickly corrected my sound (using the handy audio guide), did nothing about USB port mapping etc and I am up and running. The only problem to solve for me is the inability to activate the OC GUI at start. Besides that, everything works, sleep, BR/WIFI, imessage, airdrop...Oh, and I did not have to do a clean install, just used my previous vanilla clover macOS 10.15.7

The Clover bootloader (v5125) uses now OpenCore to start Hackintosh but it is not yet stable.
If you want to have OC GUI at start, in your config.plist go to Misc > Boot > PickerMode and change it to External.
Replace your EFI/OC/Resources folder by the one attached here and restart.

Attachments

• Resources.zip
    730.8 KB · Views: 100
The Clover bootloader (v5125) uses now OpenCore to start Hackintosh but it is not yet stable.
If you want to have OC GUI at start, in your config.plist go to Misc > Boot > PickerMode and change it to External.
Replace your EFI/OC/Resources folder by the one attached here and restart.
Thanks, your Resources folder worked. But I got a weird resolution on those icons, some got cut off on the edges. Can you help me with that? Also, is there a way to set it up so that it always (after a short delay) uses the last selected drive to boot from? Thanks!

The icons I use are available from here: OpenCanopy Icons .Choose a better set of icons. Good luck!
The starting drive is not coded in OC config but in Preferences System in Mac OS like true Apple Macs. It is different from Clover config.

Last edited:
The icons I use are available from here: OpenCanopy Icons .Choose a better set of icons. Good luck!
The starting drive is not coded in OC config but in Preferences System in Mac OS like true Apple Macs. It is different from Clover config.
Your icons look great, I just wanted to know if you can somehow change the resolution of the GUI, since the icons look squished and low res (some of them are cut off) :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back