Contribute
Register

New Clover Release v5.1 r5123/4/5/6/7 - Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody.
I also tried to use OpenCore as my usual bootloader.
And the my ESP on the HDD or SSD contains the OpenCore stable and the latest master.
I have to run Windows on that computer.
The behavior of OpenCore there is not very good.
It will change the value of BIOS etc. and ACPI.
I also want to use OpenCore either.
However, due to the behavior of OpenCore, Windows becomes unstable and the BIOS screen does not appear.
That's why I'm looking forward to Clover in the future.
As long as there is a problem like this, it may be a few people, but Clover will be required by people.
I was the first tester for Clover to bring in OpenCore to migrate from Big Sur. (Jief's demands were high and it was a very exciting challenge.)
Thank you.
I think you need to sort this issue with OpenCore, Big Sur release is around the corner and Clover is still not ready.

For now I'm running Windows and MacOS on separate machines, OC 0.6.1 works perfectly for both Catalina and Big Sur on the Z270, but seemed to cause issues when booting Windows. I don't feel like Frankenclover is the solution.

Can you tell this village idiot how you accomplished that? I think previous Clover versions might be in the EFI-BACKUPS folder, but I'm not sure how to restore my old config.

EDIT: Here's where I am so far: I mounted the primary EFI partition using the installer's terminal: mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI. I found the config.plist and copied it to the USB drive. Moved that to a friend's MBP and edited it. Pasted the whole quirks section to the end of config.plist. Restarted the installer and copied the edited config to the EFI/CLOVER folder. The system starts up now, but the USB keyboard isn't detected so it sits there on the login screen telling me to connect a keyboard. The keyboard works fine in UEFI or the installer, so I know it's not unplugged when I start the main OS. Must be a quirk I need to fool with. Any suggestions?

Now that I can somewhat reliably copy files to the installer, I'd rather revert the Clover version to 5122 and hopefully be able to boot normally. How should I go about this? Is it as easy as obtaining the 5122 release and copying the contents of the CLOVER directory over the existing one?

Second EDIT: While attempting to correct my issue, I accidentally destroyed my EFI folder. See here for details and how I reverted to r5122: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/recover-overwritten-efi-folder.304713/

This worked for me to repair my clover install by reverting. Thank you!

Hi, Thank you for the guide.

I followed the guide and tony's guide as well for the swapping drivers(OCQuirk and openruntime) Removed AptioMemoryfix driver as well. Copied QuirkSectionfrom the sample.plist

I updated clover from 5122 to 5123. I tried 5124 but the same problem occured. My kexts all are the latest.

My OS Catalina(15.7) is having memory panic like attached picture. Anyone has a solution?

I did not change anything except above instructions.

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 1.51.28 PM.png

I followed the guide and tony's guide as well for the swapping drivers(OCQuirk and openruntime) Removed AptioMemoryfix driver as well. Copied QuirkSectionfrom the sample.plist

I updated clover from 5122 to 5123. I tried 5124 but the same problem occured. My kexts all are the latest.

My OS Catalina(15.7) is having memory panic like attached picture. Anyone has a solution?

View attachment 491501

same problem also

Last edited:

someone has tried Clover Release v5.1 r5124. ?​

View attachment 491501

I had the same issue (Kernel Panic) it was caused by FakeSMC.kext and the its kext plugins.
remove all the FakeSMC kexts and replace them for VirtualSMC and its plugins.

someone has tried Clover Release v5.1 r5124. ?​

Yes it works on Catalina and Big Sur, but ironically now it is more difficult to configure than OpenCore because you have to play with 2 bootloaders at the same time - Clover and OpenCore - since Clover is mixed now.

Is there any documentation about the quirks? Are they chipset dependent? Trying to figure out how to configure them properly

Is there any documentation about the quirks? Are they chipset dependent? Trying to figure out how to configure them properly
yes they are chipset dependant, and going by your hardware profile.... oh wait.....

Screenshot 2020-10-14 171018.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back