Contribute
Register

New Clover Release v5.1 r5123/4/5/6/7 - Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have release a newer version that support Big Sur. r5127.

How do I configure the Quirks on my Z270 Kaby Lake system???

Booting up Big Sur Public Beta 5 and 6 was working fine for a while with various drivers replaced and the Quirks replicated from the raw text of sample config plist, but for some reason it stopped being able to boot up Public Beta 6 one day without my making any changes to Clover. I have tried the back up copies of Clover I had when I had it working and they no longer work. I am however able to boot up any of the versions of the Big Sur installer USB. I have now installed BS 11.0.1 but I can't boot it up.

I notice that the sample config file included in Clover 5126 has a different Quirks section to the one originally included in this thread for 5123. I have tried using Quirks from both (not at the same time!) and neither work. When booting up with 5125 and 5126 with the 5123 Quirks or 5126 with the 5126 Quirks, I get the same errors. Any ideas? Cheers.

AMFI: SIP is off, allowing core dump for pld 97 (logd)
Process[97] crashed: logd. Too many corpses being created.
...localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.logd.97) <Notice>: Service exited due to SIGILL | sent by exc handler[97]
...localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.logd) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.

same problem(( need help please

Any help would be appreciated

After upgrading to r5127, I was able to boot the install and that completed. However, now, when I try to boot to Big Sur, I get this:

Attachments

• 15674C3A-906B-4BAF-B84E-56E7899FDD19.jpeg
    15674C3A-906B-4BAF-B84E-56E7899FDD19.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 256
  • config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Any help would be appreciated

After upgrading to r5127, I was able to boot the install and that completed. However, now, when I try to boot to Big Sur, I get this:
Try to set RebuildAppleMemoryMap and SyncRuntimePermissions to False. As your EnableWriteUnprotector has to be True, those two quirks have to be False.

Only 16 quirks are in your config.plist but there are 32 quirks now. That could be a big problem.

Last edited:
Try to set RebuildAppleMemoryMap and SyncRuntimePermissions to False. As your EnableWriteUnprotector has to be True, those two quirks have to be False.

Only 16 quirks are in your config.plist but there are 32 quirks now. That could be a big problem.
tried those changes and added the missing entries, Still the same issues.

Additionally I noticed that it's only giving me an Install pre-boot and my regular volume doesn't show in the list. :banghead:

You're really only supposed to be booting preboot @jpkee
Hmmm, When I don't have an update, I just have a regular boot entry... Either way still not working. Going to try and get Open Core working

Does r5127 fix any of the above issues?

did you update? I'd like know what you did, I'm thinking to do the same..
No I didn’t because Its my daily driver so I don’t want to brick it will do it when I will make the complete backup of system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back