Contribute
Register

New Clover Release v5.1 r5123/4/5/6/7 - Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm considering to make the switch as well but I happened to set CustomUUID when was creating my SMBIOS for Mojave and it came to the latest Catalina with me. OC does not support it. Did you have CustomUUID? If so, dropping it with OC, any issues with iServices such as iMessage and others?

Thanks!
Dont know what you mean by CustomUUID, but I went with the guide step-by-step and it worked. My iServices work just fine, I copied all the custom created UUIDs from my Clover to OpenCore

Can someone provide info on how to upgrade from clover 5119 to 5123? - can I add the quirks on the .plist before updating/my current kexts/acpi patches and it will work? what about the drivers folder?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Can someone provide info on how to upgrade from clover 5119 to 5123? - can I add the quirks on the .plist before updating/my current kexts/acpi patches and it will work? what about the drivers folder?
Thanks!
Take the plunge and go OC man, had problems with Clover update, did the switch and voila, here i am on Big Sur, faster boot, faster system

Take the plunge and go OC man, had problems with Clover update, did the switch and voila, here i am on Big Sur, faster boot, faster system
I just tried the method I mentioned and it doesn't go to clover screen. Do you need a clean install to go OC? if not is there a guide how to switch?

I just tried the method I mentioned and it doesn't go to clover screen. Do you need a clean install to go OC? if not is there a guide how to switch?
I went with this official updated guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

I first tested it on my current Catalina installation (created the OC USB), it went great, booted right away, then I just copied the USB EFI to my SSD EFI and never looked back. Then I just updated to Big Sur. No need to go clean. However, it helps if you have a vanilla hack, so all kexts in EFI. Just go with the guide, not leaving out any step. Create the USB, try it. I copied my SSID and other IDs from clover to OC.

I went with this official updated guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

I first tested it on my current Catalina installation (created the OC USB), it went great, booted right away, then I just copied the USB EFI to my SSD EFI and never looked back. Then I just updated to Big Sur. No need to go clean. However, it helps if you have a vanilla hack, so all kexts in EFI. Just go with the guide, not leaving out any step. Create the USB, try it. I copied my SSID and other IDs from clover to OC.

I've set up everything up, have a new EFI boot with OC, I mounted the current EFI and replaced everything correctly for the OC setup, is that all?

If yes why am I booting into this screen, any idea? it's like the bootloader is not loading and have to boot from my clover usb. Opencore sanity check is also green with no errors (https://opencore.slowgeek.com/).

Attachments

• DA5C7E11-60D6-4BE1-8E75-12DB0EC9BA51.jpeg
    DA5C7E11-60D6-4BE1-8E75-12DB0EC9BA51.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Hi , how to configure quirks to clover 5126 for update big sur ?
Stuck here.

Attachments

• 541E10A4-1029-43F6-8885-1582E4C0598A.jpeg
    541E10A4-1029-43F6-8885-1582E4C0598A.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 111
read post 1

I don't know why it stops, I tried everything, different configurations and it didn't work, Catalina work with clover 5126

Some help?

I don't know why it stops, I tried everything, different configurations and it didn't work, Catalina work with clover 5126

Some help?
have you added the new sections in your config.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back