Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
Graphics
vega 64
I am building a system with:

GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS Elite AC​

Intel Core i7-10700K​

I don't want to buy a Graphics Card. Is it possible to use the onboard graphics with this system. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Yes, the Z490 motherboard and i7-10700K work ok with the IGPU in macOS.

I am building a system with:

GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS Elite AC​

Intel Core i7-10700K​

I don't want to buy a Graphics Card. Is it possible to use the onboard graphics with this system. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Yes, this combination using CPU integrated graphics should be supported on MacOS Catalina, Big Sur and later.

One thing to note : The current 500 series motherboards (Z590 at least) do not work with CPU integrated graphics in MacOS even if you use a supported CPU like the 10th generation i7 10700K you have. So if your Z490 motherboard breaks down in the future you won't be able to upgrade to a 500 series motherboard without also getting a supported graphics card if you want to continue to run MacOS.

I am building a system with Gigabyte Z490 Arous Elite AC

CPU: Intel i5-11600K
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580

was wondering why you use SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 instead of iMac20,2

Because the 11-Series CPU is not natively supported, so the IGPU doesn't work correctly in macOS. Hence the use of a SMBIOS that doesn't have an IGPU. With new boards that usually means either an iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1.

The iMacPro1,1 requires less configuration to get it running well. The MacPro7,1 requires additional memory configuration to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back