Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus X Wifi
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon Pulse Rx 580 8gb
I just finished up my Hackintosh build and am adding the peripherals. I noticed that if I plug more than one device into either the USB 2 bus or the USB 3 bus, something goes wrong. On the USB 3, I have a Drobo plugged in. It ran fine for three days as I was moving data and applications. Then I plugged in a webcam on the same bus and the Drobo started to randomly eject. I duplicated this with other USB 3 devices (thumb drive and USB 3 hub). I can't have the Drobo ejecting!

In trying to figure this out, I mounted the EFI partition and looked into Clover/kexts/Other. I see the following kexts:
-USBInjectAll.kext
-XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
-XHCI-300-series-injector.kext
-XHCI-x99-injector.kext

Should I really have all of these? Which ones should I have for my ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Wifi? Can I just delete the ones that shouldn't be there (or is removal more complicated)?

Thanks for you help,
Mike

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just finished up my Hackintosh build and am adding the peripherals. I noticed that if I plug more than one device into either the USB 2 bus or the USB 3 bus, something goes wrong. On the USB 3, I have a Drobo plugged in. It ran fine for three days as I was moving data and applications. Then I plugged in a webcam on the same bus and the Drobo started to randomly eject. I duplicated this with other USB 3 devices (thumb drive and USB 3 hub). I can't have the Drobo ejecting!

In trying to figure this out, I mounted the EFI partition and looked into Clover/kexts/Other. I see the following kexts:
-USBInjectAll.kext
-XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
-XHCI-300-series-injector.kext
-XHCI-x99-injector.kext

Should I really have all of these? Which ones should I have for my ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Wifi? Can I just delete the ones that shouldn't be there (or is removal more complicated)?

Thanks for you help,
Mike

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Status
Not open for further replies.