CPU
i7 7700
Graphics
Radeon ROG 560 4gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys well first of all thanks for having me here, I was really looking into forum and i see alot of people having different parts and I got kinda confuse. Well let me be straight forward I already have a PC that i Built so i have ram, PSU, Hard drive and CPU cooling.

My main focus is building a nice hackintosh that is not going to break my bank, ,like i said i already have some of the components already so the only thing I would need to purchase is CPU and Motherboard. I would prefer a i7 build since im going to be doing some video editing on it, Not to heavy but some and for the most part Hackintosh will just only be good for web surfing and minor usage. Personally i feel that the video edidint will be the most intense usage it will have. So I wanted to know do I need a Graphics card for that or can I just run it directly from the Motherboard one and also will my ram work is ddr3 so It will be nice for a good ddr3 motherboard that way I wont have to spend on new ram.

IF somone helps me out on a good motherboard and steps on disabling the stuff from Bios would be really appreciated.

Stuff Needed.
1. Goood i7 processor
2.Motherboard that supports ddr3 ram
3. Do I need a graphics card or can i just run it form the Motherboard.

Stuff I have.
1.Ram.
2. PSU
3.Case
4.CPU cooler
5. Hard Drive

Hey guys well first of all thanks for having me here, I was really looking into forum and i see a lot of people having different parts and I got kinda confuse. Well let me be straight forward I already have a PC that i Built so i have ram, PSU, Hard drive and CPU cooling.

My main focus is building a nice hackintosh that is not going to break my bank, ,like i said i already have some of the components already so the only thing I would need to purchase is CPU and Motherboard. I would prefer a i7 build since im going to be doing some video editing on it, Not to heavy but some and for the most part Hackintosh will just only be good for web surfing and minor usage. Personally i feel that the video edit will be the most intense usage it will have. So I wanted to know do I need a Graphics card for that or can I just run it directly from the Motherboard one and also will my ram work is ddr3 so It will be nice for a good ddr3 motherboard that way I wont have to spend on new ram.

IF someone helps me out on a good motherboard and steps on disabling the stuff from Bios would be really appreciated.

Stuff Needed.
1. Good i7 processor
2. Motherboard that supports ddr3 ram
3. Do I need a graphics card or can i just run it form the Motherboard.

Stuff I have.
1.Ram.
2. PSU
3.Case
4.CPU cooler
5. Hard Drive

You want a motherboard that uses DDR3 RAM? Now that can be a problem.

Most if not all new motherboards now only accept DDR4 RAM. If you want a new Core i7 CPU and a new motherboard with DDR3 RAM your choice will be extremely limited, not to mention this :
https://www.kitguru.net/components/...emory-at-default-voltages-can-damage-skylake/
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/skylake-memory-support,30185.html

If your DDR3 RAM operates at 1.5V (the majority), Intel strongly discourages you on using them with the current Skylake and Kaby Lake CPUs, even if you manage to find a suitable motherboard. Intel only supports using the lower voltage version, DDR3L, with Skylake (and possibly Kaby Lake).

In light of the above, I strongly recommend you get new DDR4 RAM for use with a new i7 CPU and a new motherboard. Unless, of course, you don't mind second hand hardware, in that case you may be able to use your old DDR3 RAM.

I see ok witch parts do you guys recommend being a dd4 motherboard with i7 and with the possibility of using the integrated hdmi or vga in motherboard

I see ok witch parts do you guys recommend being a dd4 motherboard with i7 and with the possibility of using the integrated hdmi or vga in motherboard

Check the Buyer's Guide for a list of motherboards you can use. Most, if not all, motherboards support using CPU graphics, and if you want to use HDMI or VGA, check whether the motherboard has a HDMI or VGA port at the back.

Not sure if the question was answered.

Do you have to have a dedicated GPU to install? Would a Nvidia 1050 work? I don't need the dGPU for what I want to do with this Hackintosh so I'm fine with whatever works.

Please help.

EVGA Z270 Classified K (1151)
i7 7700K 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W
16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws 2666 DDR4
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
Corsair CX750M PSU (750W)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper Case

Received a reply saying I don't need a dGPU. Not sure how to get Intel HD630 going (since I haven't even gotten a successful install going yet) but I'll keep plugging away.

So you DON'T need a dGPU to install...Intel HD630 is supported? Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back